Customer Service Representative
Company: Lyman Products
Posted on: May 7, 2022
-Location: Middletown, CTSummary/Objective:Lyman Products is
seeking a Customer Service RepresentativeSummary/Objective - - - -
- - - - - -Serves as the first point of contact for the customers
by providing product and service information. -Resolves product and
service problems by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company
products and programs. -Communicates effectively with team members
within the customer service department as well as across all
internal departments. - -If you are seeking a great opportunity
with a cutting-edge company that has been around since 1878 please
apply. -This position is for you.Lyman Products Corporation is a
leader in the exciting and growing shooting sports industry. Our
product brands, Mark 7, Pachmayr -, TacStar -, ADTAC -, Trius -,
Uni-Dot -, Butch's , A-Zoom -, and Targ-Dot - are recognized
throughout the industry. Our corporate mission is to establish
performance excellence in all product lines and be a leader and
innovator in our industry. - -Essential Functions:Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions - - - - - - - - - -Communicate
by phone and email to provide professional answers to internal and
external customers regarding Lyman Products.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service
questions via phone or email or tickets while also suggesting
information about our other products. Ability to professionally
control the phone conversation around client requirements and
- Enter and set up new customers and maintain current customer
master information via entry into the PLEX ERP system.
- Enter and process customer orders, make changes to existing
orders as well as enter RMA's (Return Material Authorizations)
according to established department policies and procedures.
- Provides timely and accurate information on customer order
- Resolves customer problems by clarifying issues, research and
exploring information as well as answers and suggests alternative
- Make additional/outreach follow up calls to customers to
resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Provides timely feedback to company management regarding
product service failures or customer service concerns.
- Ability to build relationships and promote a positive work
environment focused on team development.
- Partners with the Sales Dept to exceed customer's service
- Demonstrate positive attitude and ability to work in a team
- Contribute to ongoing improvement process with suggestions and
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to
prioritize multiple incoming tasks.
- Team player/ability to work well with all levels of the
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a minimum
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency and accuracy with Microsoft Office Products and
company ERP System
- Excellent verbal skills, able to articulate well over the
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in order entry
and credit card transactions.
- Adaptability to changing events in an office environment.
- Reliable and on time attendance -Preferred Qualifications:
- College degree preferred; Minimum high school diploma/GED or
- 3 years in a Customer Service or Call Center capacity or
related role in a manufacturing company.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications: Internet,
- The preferred candidate will have a general understanding of
firearms and be able to articulate troubleshooting methods as well
as the features and benefits of Lyman Products over the phone in a
clear and concise manner. - - - - -Working Conditions: - - - - - -
- - - -Office environment -Position Type/Expected Hours of
Work:This is a full-time position, Days and hours of work week are
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. Overtime may be
requested due to business conditions. -Physical Requirements:This
position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. -Direct
Reports: -None - -Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. -Work Remotely: No -Compensation/Benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance -Equal Opportunity Employer -Lyman Products is
an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, creed,
sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or
learning disability, past/present mental disorder, intellectual
disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis
protected by law. Lyman also provides reasonable accommodations
when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a
disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue
hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable
accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the
Keywords: Lyman Products, Middletown , Customer Service Representative, Sales , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!