Site Transformation Industrial Engineer (Onsite)
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of
flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the
world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within,
seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.In addition
to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how
and where we work. Pratt & Whitney is laser focused on offering
flexibility to our employees. We've introduced role types and now
list them in the job posting title so candidates know where they
will operate in our blended work environment.
- Please consider the following role type definition as you apply
for this role.Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles
will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and
maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent
takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort
zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into
a tightknit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your
drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an
industry that's evolving fast to the future.Where the difference
you make is on display every day. Just look up.Are you ready to go
- Note: Hybrid and remote roles at many of our sites are
currently working from home because of COVID-19 protocols.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status
throughout therecruiting process.
In this role you will drive and create the IE methods and standards
within the transformation of manufacturing and business operations
for the Operational Excellence (OpX) Team.The OpX vision is to be a
competitive differentiator executing on an operating standard that
is culturally pervasive and institutionalized at all levels of
Operations, delivering efficiency and unbeatable results every day
for our employees, customers and shareholders.Key Responsibilities:
- Calculating machine and labor requirements, capacity, facility
and inventory needs.
- Effectively planning and executing projects across multiple
- Working across departments such as Operations, Quality,
Industrial, Manufacturing, Digital Technology, etc. to drive,
design and optimize facility/process efficiency and productivity of
labor and machinery.
- Direct measures of success include OEE/OLE quantifiable
- Work directly with OpX Transformation Facility Design
Specialist as we transform our operational footprint based on lean
- Learning and applying new concepts while keeping current with
state of the art techniques.Basic Qualifications:
- US Citizenship due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems
Engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment with a
focus on Industrial, Process, System, or Project Engineering.
- Demonstrated project management experience.Preferred
- Ability to work and interact with all levels of an
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should be self-starters and able to work with
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
- Reliability, willingness to learn, and attention to
- Master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering,
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles, experience with
Kaizen events or experience with a continuous improvement program
(ACE, 6S, VSM, 3P, etc.).
- Data mining & manipulation experience with VBA, SQL, other
- Understanding of capital acquisition process - knowledge or
- Experience with facility layout optimization.
- Experience with human factors engineering.
- Experience with OEE and OLE/OOE.#MRL22
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, Middletown , Site Transformation Industrial Engineer (Onsite), Professions , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!