Maintenance Technician II
Company: FedEx Ground
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Maintenance Technician II
49 FedEx Drive
Middletown, CT 06457
FedEx Ground is HIRING Maintenance Technician II positions.
Perks and Benefits at FedEx Ground
- Competitive wages paid weekly for both full and part-time
- $5,250 tuition reimbursement every year with no lifetime cap!
All employees are eligible for this awesome benefit on their first
day of employment!
- Generous paid time off program - work your way up to 5 weeks of
PTO a year!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after a short waiting
- Valuable employee discounts on things like cell phone plans,
electronics, cars, and restaurants.
- Free Purple Pathways career development program for all FedEx
- Paid parental leave for both moms and dads!
- Employee networks, and diversity, equity, and inclusion
programs available for all employees.
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance
effort through basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or
residential/commercial/industrial electrical operational knowledge
of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive
maintenance and repair.
- Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according
to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that
each step is executed fully.
- Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes
- Performs basic troubleshooting techniques on all material
handling systems to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical
and control system problems.
- Ability to use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management
System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work
environment through attending safety committees, training, and
verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
- May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays
and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time,
midnight and sunrise schedule NONESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in
electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering
Four (4) years (or 2 years with preferred degree) light industrial
maintenance experience to include:
- Basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or
residential/commercial/electrical or machine controls
- Basic related troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical or electrical installation Four (4) years (or
two (2) with degree) related military technical experience in
electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent
to the minimum light industrial experience requirements. Three (3)
years of FedEx Equipment Operator or operations experience
(Operations Manager and above) will be considered equivalent to one
(1) year of the light industrial maintenance experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine
procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to
communicate with immediate management.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various
tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention
to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound
judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in
development of effective and efficient solutions.
- Either mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the
- Basic electrical knowledge through residential, commercial or
industrial environment or technical school
- Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or
- Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical installation
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer
(Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse
Keywords: FedEx Ground, Middletown , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!