Young Adult Services Housing Coordinator
Company: Advanced Behavioral Health
Posted on: February 9, 2024
POSITION SUMMARY: The Housing Coordinator is responsible for
providing housing coordination services for Young Adult Services
clients so they can move from a structured residential program to
living independently within the community. This position works with
various landlords and real estate agencies in the Hartford area to
find affordable rents. The position will work with the YAS
Financial Coordinator and YAS clinical staff in a coordinated
effort for the best interest of the YAS client. The position will
also work with the client in applying for housing and utility
assistance programs in the Hartford area. This position will
represent ABH and its services in a positive and professional
manner and adhere to ABH 's best practices, guidelines, policies
and procedures as established, promoting ABH as a leader in
behavioral healthcare in all interactions and work. DUTIES AND
- Provide housing coordination services which will enable YAS
clients to move from a structured residential placement to living
independently within the community.
- Provide services in the general area of the LMHA and other
areas requested by the various LMHA Project Managers and approved
by the contractor.
- Work with landlords and real estate agents to develop and
maintain a list of landlords with available apartments.
- Be involved with securing and negotiating any and all leases
entered into by clients.
- Ensure that lease agreements adhere to the policies and
procedures outlined in the DMHAS YAS Client Support Funds Services
- Provide a copy of each fully executed lease to the various LMHA
- Maintain a list of Residential Support Sites and Scattered Site
- Oversee and execute all inspections outlined in the YAS Client
Support Funds Services policies and procedures manual.
- Handle all damage claims, inspections, and determinations
required to resolve them including, but not limited to, working
with the YAS treatment team to have the client involved when or if
- Coordinate and communicate with the YAS treatment team of any
pending evictions or possible vacancies.
- Oversee and coordinate any infestations by assuring that the
landlord treats the infestation within the timeframe specified by
the various LMHA Project Managers. Infestation may include but is
not limited to the presence of: mice, rats, cockroaches, bed bugs,
- Work with all related housing issues for any and all YAS
clients and communicate needs and resources along with case by case
issues to the YAS treatment team.
- Have a working knowledge of available housing and/or utility
assistance programs in the area of the LMHA.
- Assist clients with applying for any housing or utility
assistance benefits they may be eligible for and maintain a list of
the benefits start and end dates, amounts, and the various
documentation associated with them.
- Works closely with Financial Coordinator and YAS team on
budgets of clients who receive rent related subsidies
- Prepare and submit monthly the Young Adult Services Housing
Financial Assistance report to DMHAS/ EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in a behavioral health related field or comparable
- Any health related requirements by Facility/Provider must be
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment,
have superior organizational skills and demonstrated experience in
communicating at all levels;
- Computer knowledge and experience using Microsoft Suite (mainly
Excel) and other accounting and data input software;
- Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
and motivational skills;
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a high level of customer
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and
multi task as necessary to meet deadline;
- Detail oriented a must;
- Ability to negotiate with landlords leases with landlords
- Ability to identify problems/issues, troubleshoot and resolve
in a timely manner.
- Mathematical and accounting acuity
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of housing programs and utility assistance
- Ability to work with the Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Keywords: Advanced Behavioral Health, Middletown , Young Adult Services Housing Coordinator, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!