Posted on: January 27, 2023
Schedule: Sun 9 am - 3 pm, Mon 3 pm - 11 pm, Tue 3 pm - 11 pm,
Sat 9 am - 3 pm
Salary: $17.25 / hour; Sign-On Bonus $3000
As a Residential Counselor, you will provide direct support to
people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small
group residential setting or an individual living arrangement. In
your role you will work together with the people we serve, their
families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform
their lives by either building independence skills or increasing
each person's quality of life.
Residential Counselors have a range of duties include
administrating medication under the Medication Administration Plan
(MED), implementing treatment plans, and assisting people with
activities of daily living, such as household chores and cooking.
You also strengthen residents' connection to their community by
providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor's
Response to Covid-19
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
* Hiring process conducted via virtual and phone interviews
* Virtual New Employee Orientation
* Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
* PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits,
career growth and job security!
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees working 30
hours or more
* 15 days of Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, 10 Sick Days and 3
Personal Days per year (for employees scheduled for 20 hours or
* Education Assistance and Tuition Remission Programs as well as
innovative Student Loan Payment Programs. Employment with Vinfen
counts toward your Public Student Loan Forgiveness eligibility
* Professional Development programs including year-round online
training courses and opportunities to earn CEUs
* Retirement savings programs, including a fully funded, employer
sponsored retirement plan and an employee funded 403 (b) plan
* Company paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term
* Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care
* Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent
* $500 -- $1,000+ Employee Referral Bonuses with no annual cap!
* Other generous benefits including discounted memberships, access
to wellness programs and more!
Founded in 1977, for 40 years Vinfen has been a leading nonprofit
human services organization that "transforms lives" by building the
capacity of individuals, families, organizations and communities to
learn, thrive and achieve their goals. Vinfen supports thousands of
adolescents and adults with psychiatric, developmental and
behavioral disabilities at more than 200 sites with over 3,000
employees in eastern Massachusetts and Connecticut.
My Vinfen. My Community. My Job.
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
* High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in a Human
Services related field is preferred.
* Experience working with people with developmental disabilities
and/or acquired brain injury strongly preferred.
* Strong time management and writing skills.
* All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and have a
current, valid, US drivers' license for at least one year.
* All applicants must be able to become CPR, First Aid certified
within 2 weeks of employment and MED certified within 150 days of
* All candidates must be able to successfully pass a CORI,
reference, multi-state background and driving record check
Keywords: social services, counseling, social work, group home,
DSP, Direct Care, psychology, mentor, mental illness, mental
health, disability, developmental disabilities, behavioral
Keywords: Vinfen, Middletown , Residential Counselor, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!