Client Financial Coordinator Floater
Company: Advanced Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 22, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be supporting both the
Young Adult Services (YAS) money management/Adult Client Funds
Management team that services clients at various state operated
local mental health authority (LMHA) locations throughout the
state. Each program has varying amounts of clients for whom the
position fulfills the duties of the Representative Payee. At these
locations, coverage duties include providing benefit payment
management for clients who are involved in the YAS/Adult money
management programs at the various state operated local mental
health authorities. When not covering staff at the various
locations the assistant will serve as support to various locations
needing the assistance. This position is a support position for up
to 12 locations statewide and involves significant travel.
Applicant s MUST have reliable transportation. This position will
staff Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction
Services (DMHAS) facilities and applicants will need to be able to
provide proof of 100% vaccination for Covid-19, per state
guidelines.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide back-up support to Client Funds Management Team at
various locations including preparation of clients monthly expenses
for basic needs; provide direct services to clients receiving
services; help clients with life building skills; process for
payment client requests according to the budgeted expenses
including rent checks, utility bills, personal funds; assist with
maintaining records and scanning back-up documentation;
disbursement of cash and checks to clients as budgeted; assist with
- Provide customer service and demonstrate therapeutic
communication skills when engaging clients.
- Assist with preparation of reports for Social Security
- Conduct Quality Assurance ensuring all policies and procedures
for ABH -, Social Security, and State of Ct Representative Payee
Program policies and procedure compliance.
- Maintain organized files and records of client requests and
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients protected health
information and adheres to all HIPAA related policies and
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all
activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Performs other financial tasks/administrative duties as
required to support the business operations. EDUCATION AND
- Specialized training in Human Services and basic accounting
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Human Services
or related field a plus or a combination of related education and
- Three + years' experience in Human Services specializing in
mental health/substance abuse disorders and basic accounting.
- Therapeutic communication skills and interviewing techniques
for the clients served.
- Experience with public sector work and/or State agencies;
- Compliance with current State of Connecticut and federal health
and vaccine requirements;
- Attend annual Conflict of Interest
- Knowledge of mental health services and substance abuse.
- Ability to demonstrate Clinical acumen
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Package; Internet.
- Possesses accounting skills and the ability to use established
computer programs to keep accurate records of all individual client
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Travel to various CT State Operative locations; valid driver's
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent Organizational skills including record keeping
- Ability to demonstrate accountability while functioning with
Keywords: Advanced Behavioral Health, Middletown , Client Financial Coordinator Floater, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!