YOUTH DEVELOPMENT LEADER
Company: Northern Middlesex YMCA
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Youth Development Leader
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is currently seeking Youth Development
Leaders to join our team. Youth Development Leaders are on-site
childcare workers through the YMCA that work at the before and
after school programs located at the elementary schools in
Middletown, Cromwell, and Portland as well as vacation programs at
Middletown, CT 06457
So who are we looking for?
An upbeat, engaging, creative, action orientated candidate with a
passion for the Y that loves working with children! This is a
tremendous opportunity to greatly impact the lives of children and
families through YMCA programs. We are looking for staff that love
working with youth in our community.
SKILLS, POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A minimum of 3 months of experience working with school-age
- Regular attendance at staff development workshops and staff
- Willing to obtain First Aid and CPR Certification, and
Administration of Medication Training (Injectables and Oral) within
first 60 days of employment.
- Complete CT CCDF Orientation once CPR, 1st Aid and medication
certifications are achieved.
- Must have a valid driver's license and/or reliable
transportation to move from one program site to another program
site when necessary.PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES
- Plan, organize, and facilitate developmentally appropriate
recreational, enrichment, and learning activities.
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and respectful environment for
children in the program.
- Provide daily communication with parents, collect fees, and
provide documentation when necessary.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with school personnel,
and YMCA colleagues.
- Follow all YMCA Kids' Korner Policy and Procedure and State of
Connecticut Licensing Mandates.SKILL SET:
- Excellent Communication skills: Verbal and Written.
- Creativity, excellent organizational skills, and willing to be
a team player.
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative.
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm and confidence.SALARYStarting at
$14.00 per hour.The YMCA strives to deliver positive change in
communities throughout Northern Middlesex County. Every day, our
staff - of all ages, backgrounds and life experiences - works to
bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of
children and teens, improving individuals' health and well-being
and providing support to our neighbors.
The Northern Middlesex YMCA is an equal opportunity employer that
is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.This
policy applies to all employment practices within our organization,
including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. The
Northern Middlesex YMCA makes hiring decisions based solely on
qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Keywords: Northern Middlesex YMCA, Middletown , YOUTH DEVELOPMENT LEADER, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!