Company: Pieper Veterinary
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Pieper Veterinary's family of hospitals include primary care,
specialty care, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care, with
locations reaching from the heart of the Connecticut River Valley
down to the southern shoreline. In addition to primary and wellness
care, our 24-hour emergency service and 7-day urgent care service
provides your pet with care every day of the week. We also provide
specialty services that include surgery, neurology, internal
medicine, diagnostic imaging, oncology, critical care, and physical
therapy that augment the services provided by your primary care
veterinarian. Our mission is to provide exceptional medical care
for pets and the highest level of customer service to our clients.
We are also very proud to be a VECCS Level I certified emergency &
critical care facility.We are looking to add a security guard to
our team in Middletown for evenings and weekends. Candidate must
possess the ability to deal with internal and external clients and
staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and
diplomacy to diffuse anger and resolve conflicts.You must have
excellent English communication skills and be able to read, write
and speak fluently. Spanish speaking would be considered a
Some of the Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the safety and security of the staff, clients, patients,
facility, facility grounds, and equipment.
- Ensuring that clients follow the defined rules.
- Be the primary staff member to deal with clients who become
upset or disruptive.
- Controls access to facility through the defined admittance
- Make periodic patrols to check parking lot and exterior door
- Report all hazardous conditions and to take corrective action
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to
follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
clients, patients, visitors, and the general public.
- Must have patience, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as
well as the willingness to handle difficult situations using
effective problem solving techniques.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- State of CT Security Officers Identification Card
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills, able to
deal with all people in a variety of situations. Demonstrates good
judgment, flexibility in changing circumstances, compassion.Pay: Up
- Company paid short-term disability
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid time off
- Referral bonuses
- Insurance: health, dental, vision, and disability
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous employee pet discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual uniform allowance
- Comprehensive one-on-one client service classes and hands-on
- Continuous learning via in-house training seminars and
- Employee appreciation events and activities
- Many opportunities for internal transfer and promotion
PIEPER VETERINARY is an equal opportunity employer. It is the
policy of the practice to prohibit discrimination and harassment of
any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, or veteran status. The practice will
conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws
COVID precautions:Mask covering are required for all employees and
clients inside the hospitals. Social distancing measures are in
place, clients are permitted in the hospital on an extremely
limited basis and surfaces are routinely disinfected throughout the
day.Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and
Keywords: Pieper Veterinary, Middletown , Security Guard, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!