Sr. Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: October 11, 2021
This position is responsible for the application engineering of
telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange
environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical
aspects of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to
cable sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for the right
of ways, and easements. This position works as a team member
with Network Planning, Central Office, Transmission, and Operations
to support the growth, replacements, and upgrades of
telecommunications plant facilities. This position also
supports sales, marketing, operations, and regulatory as
needed. Candidates for this position must
have experience engineering fiber to the home
Specific requirements of the position
- Must have experience engineering fiber to the home
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with the state, county, city, and national indices
to gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to ensure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate the right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDT’s.
- Respond to DOR’s as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the
Must have detailed knowledge of outside plant activities.
Knowledge of engineering tools to include the following,
FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS), Adobe,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email, and other vendor
software. Excellent organizational skills, communication
skills (written and verbal), and customer relations will be
utilized in achieving desired results and are critical to the
position. Outside plant construction and project management
experience and inventory management experience. Experience in
right of way, private easement, and permitting with local, state,
and federal entities. Must be able to manage multiple
projects in various stages of activity.
B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’
experience related to outside plant, preferable in a local exchange
environment. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge with a
heavy emphasis on outside plant design, cable count layout, and
capacities. Must have a solid knowledge of telecommunications
outside plant. Must be able to participate and lead project
teams to achieve team objectives and goals. Strong
interpersonal skills are very important in discussions and meetings
with the engineering team, regional managers, vendors, local
supervisors, and technicians.
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Middletown , Sr. Network Engineer, Other , MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!