Director/Principal Scientist - Protein Kinase Assays
Posted on: July 15, 2021
Our client has an exciting Life Science opportunity to join
our rapidly growing team developing novel protein Kinase activity
assays and offering Custom Testing Services that enable our
clients. Their innovative and patented fluorescence-based sensor
technology is exclusively licensed from MIT.
- Highly motivated and self-driven - Thrive in a fast-paced and
interdependent working environment.
- Excellent technique including small volume dispensing and
strong attention to detail.
- Design and develop biochemical assays to identify and
characterize small-molecule modulators using a variety of
techniques and detection methods
- Ability to master new techniques, find solutions and
effectively multitask to achieve goals efficiently.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft
Office/Access and scientific/data analysis software.
- Guide and develop laboratory-based scientists focused on the
design and conduct
of fluorescence-based assays to support
discovery and definitive development assays for regulatory
- Perform enzyme kinetic analyses to characterize biological
enzyme systems including kinases.
- Demonstrated organizational, documentation, and oral
communication skills with the ability to work independently
and as a team.
- Practical knowledge of fluorescence-based activity assays to
assess enzyme kinetics and drug potency.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in biology, chemistry,
- 8-20 years hands-on lab experience developing or using
quantitative microtiter plate-based assays and also successful
leading teams of 5-10 people with clear drive, energy, and vision
to allow them to accelerate company growth.
- Requires demonstrated proficiency working at the bench with
expertise in enzymology, routine assessments of small molecule
compound potency and drug mechanism of action using
fluorescence-based assays run in 384-well microplate reader
- Needs to also be proficient in data analysis using Graph Pad
Prism or related software.
- Familiarity with modern automation instrumentation and software
for drug discovery assays.
- Industry experience with demonstrated productivity analyzing
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other accomplished
professionals within and across functions/teams. Willing
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities rapidly to meet
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and
strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Keywords: Bevov, Middletown , Director/Principal Scientist - Protein Kinase Assays, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!