Combine two of the fastest - growing fields on the planet with a
culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is
what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's
improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about
another gadget, it's about making Healthcare data available
wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's
no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best
Positions in this function provide technical support to the
enterprise. This function includes employees working on incident
management response and restoration; determination of issue
priority, provisioning, and service request fulfillment;
installations, upgrades, and releases / deployments; and problem
management analysis and resolution. It also includes data center
construction, operations, and maintenance employees.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will be tasked with
providing desktop support, troubleshooting hardware and software
issues on desktop, laptop and tablet computers both remotely,
telephonically, and face to face.
Hours: Monday - Friday 12:00pm - 9:00pm eastern time, must be
flexible. (*Note that the first 2 -3 months of training will have
the schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm EST)
- Answer and resolve inbound technical calls at a large corporate
Help Desk, efficiently and professionally
- Resolve technical incidents, and / or assign issues to the
appropriate support group as needed
- Follow all escalation procedures according to service level
- Use remote control tool to assist end users when needed
- Provide an accurate record of each contact in the incident
- Demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge / skills in own
area and is often able to apply these outside of own function
- Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems,
issues, errors or related
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet
- Other duties assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an
environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on
what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide
development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree or higher
- 1+ years of technical experience and troubleshooting with
- 1+ years of Technology Support experience
- 2+ years of experience in a customer or technical service
- Ability to work the following schedule: Monday - Friday 12:00pm
- 9:00pm eastern time (*note that the first 2 -3 months of training
will have the schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm EST).
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or
other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to
wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply
with any state and local masking orders.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) OR Associates Degree (or higher)
with equivalent work experience
- Knowledge with CompTIA A+ AND/OR Network +
- Any technical certifications
- 1+ years of experience in PC support
- 1+ years of experience problem solving and analytically
- Available for mandatory overtime during critical times
- Technical knowledge on workstation hardware and supported
- Technical knowledge on local area networks (LANs), network
operating systems, and industry standards and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and
safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are
taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition
some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols
in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the
return of each wave, paying specific attention to
geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety
of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with
resources and support as they continue to serve the members,
patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and
support impacted communities: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is
an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Helpdesk, IT, Desktop Support, Desktop Technician,
Yonkers NY, #RPO