Client Onboarding, Analyst/ Associate
Company: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc. is a member of the Sumitomo
Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG), one of the world's largest global
financial institutions. Based in New York City, we are an SEC
registered Broker dealer that provides financial products and
services to global institutional clients, focusing on North America
and Latin America.
SMBC Nikko Securities America, Inc is currently undergoing an
Organizational wide transformation, which has resulted in the
Client Onboarding Group experiencing rapid growth and expansion. As
a result of this growth initiative there will be opportunities for
team members to become Subject Matter Experts, take on project
work, and actively participate in the buildout of the COG. With
this level of hyper growth, the expectation is that team members
will be comfortable with executing their primary functions as well
as any additional Tasks or projects assigned.
The Client Onboarding Group Analyst will be responsible for
managing the New On-boarding and Periodic Review process. The
Client Onboarding Group Analyst's responsibilities include
performing Customer Information Program (CIP), Know Your Customer
(KYC) due diligence, identification of Politically Exposed Persons
(PEP), Negative news and sanctions screenings. The Client
Onboarding Analyst will interact with internal and external
Stakeholders to ensure all regulatory and firm requirements are met
for both new and existing customers.
- Validates legal documentation obtained from Stakeholders and
third-party sources for accuracy and to ensure the documentation is
compliant with policy.
- Leverage accumulated wisdom to make determinations regarding
level of due diligence required, document applicability in atypical
or uncommon deal structures.
- Initiate workflows to update customer records within the bank's
- Coordinate approvals related to periodic review and new
onboards across multiple groups within the organization.
- Maintain detailed tracking of workload to ensure completion
within required timeframes.
- Promptly responds to stakeholder inquiries and assists with
- Prioritize urgent and sensitive requests accordingly.
- Performs special projects as required and any other duties as
- Working closely with Compliance, Tax, Legal and other teams to
render policies / procedures more transparent and commercial, all
while preserving risk control strength.
- Knowledge of US PATRIOT Act, BSA / AML requirements (e.g. CIP
requirements; difference between CDD and EDD).
- Strong understanding of FinCEN CDD Rule, FINRA Rules and
- High competency in using external due diligence and screening
tools such as Dow Jones, Factiva, OneSource, LexisNexis.
- Experience / appreciation for due diligence operations and
onboarding applications / systems.
- Ability to face-off any potential touch-point relative to the
onboarding / client maintenance workflow.
- Ability to execute in a high-pressure environment.
- Good analytical skills, detail oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Work Experience: From 1 to 3 years of specialized experience in
Onboarding of Institutional Accounts (e.g. Investment Managers,
Funds, Large Corporation, Brokers).
- Education: BA / BS (or equivalent)
- Licenses / Certifications / Registrations: AMS Certification is
- Software Systems / Programming Languages: Microsoft Office
(Word, Advanced Excel Formulas, Power Point).
Keywords: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Middletown , Client Onboarding, Analyst/ Associate, Other , White Plains, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!