Company: Leggett & Platt, Incorporated
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Things you will be doing:
- Develop and implement advanced welding processes including
MIG/TIG, Orbital and Braze.
- Review design standards to provide input to designs and part
- Provide input for manufacturing release reviews, manufacturing
process options and evaluate manufacturing process.
- Help create, maintain, and approve work instructions (including
specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling
- Coordinate welding best practices and implement floor process
optimization and control methods.
- Significant interaction with production, quality and materials
A few things you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Metallurgical
Engineering, Material Science or equivalent is required OR
equivalent work experience.
- Experience within the Aerospace manufacturing industry
- Successful candidates must have strong welding background and
shop operations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Due to government contract US Citizenship is required for this
Reasons you'll love it here: Our company culture reflects values
like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these to
heart, and if you do as well, you'll fit right in.
How to learn more about us: For a fun glimpse into our company,
visit Life@Leggett and look inside everyday work life!
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide
variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes,
offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of
more than 22,000 employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities
located in 18 countries. We're not just hiring, we're building a
better company. For more information, please visit
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Welding, Manufacturing Engineer, Metallurgy,
Engineer, Machinist, Manufacturing, Engineering
Keywords: Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, Middletown , Weld Engineer, Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!