Warehouse Associate (Full-Time)
Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are a Parts Store and SO much more and we are looking for
even more great talent to join our NAPA family! We have lots of
parts available to our customers and this role as a Warehouse
Associate plays a major part in getting these parts from our
warehouse/stockroom to our stores. Think about how great you will
feel in knowing that you made a difference in someone's life by
getting them the part(s) that they needed from our warehouse!
What you'll be doing:
- Expedite incoming and outgoing freight in our NAPA Distribution
Center Warehouse. You will receive, stock, pull, stage, load and
- Process inventory and maximize warehouse space usage
- Check, verify, load, stock and pull inventory to meet store and
- Unpack incoming parts shipments from suppliers.
- Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special
orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call
accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as
appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by
- Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders
for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for
shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages
in accordance with D.O.T. standards and hazardous material
regulations and procedures.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as
well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line
areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the
handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into
delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight
- Perform daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual
equipment which includes lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck,
radio frequency scanners and printers.
- Operate warehouse machinery in accordance with established
safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy working in warehouse environments with a team
that makes a difference
- Love the hustle - Our warehouses are busy, yet fun places!
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career -
the opportunities are endless at NAPA!
- Have availability to work between the hours of 7AM-8PM M-F with
occasional weekend work
What you'll need:
- Previous experience in a distribution center and/or warehouse
environment - Awesome if you have ever used RF scanning equipment -
Not a deal breaker if you don't have this.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 75 pounds and
push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly. Able to push/pull up
to 300 lbs. using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel
dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with
moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks,
dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be
able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or
ladder when necessary.
- Understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to
ensure proper identification of parts for placement in the
facility, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters
accurately and rapidly.
- Basic understanding and capable of operating a computer
- Able to write legibly and be able to read, understand
written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at
a quick speed of pace
- Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
What's in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a "family" feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity,
finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from
multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
We know you have lots of career choices as a Warehouse
Associate, but we think this role and working with NAPA is a great
opportunity for the right person! If this job sounds like a fit,
please check out this story from an awesome NAPA
Warehouse/Stockroom Associate. We want you to have all the
information that you need to make sure that this is a fit for you!
Our hopes are that these stories either excite you to apply or
maybe not so much - Either way we appreciate you stopping by
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and will
be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please
check out some of our other great careers by visiting
GPC believes the fair and equitable treatment of employees,
customers, suppliers and other persons is critical to fulfilling
its vision and goals. GPC conducts its business without regard to
sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin,
age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or
any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit,
hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees
based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and
other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Middletown , Warehouse Associate (Full-Time), Other , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!