HR Assistant (Part-Time)
Company: Pieper Veterinary
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are looking for a candidate with excellent organizational and
administrative skills who would like to use those talents to step
into an entry-level, administrative HR role.Pieper Veterinary is a
well-established veterinary practice based in scenic Middletown,
CT. Pieper Veterinary's family of hospitals include primary care,
specialty care, urgent care, and 24-hour emergency care. We are
very proud to be a VECCS Level I certified emergency & critical
care facility; the only privately-owned practice in CT to hold this
accreditation. We have an incredible, caring staff and we're still
growing!We are offering a flexible part-time position that will be
scheduled Monday-Thursday 28-30 hours per week.Pay: $18-$20/hr.
depending on experienceThe Human Resources Assistant will help
facilitate the basic functions of the HR Department through
administrative support, and with direction from the HR Manager and
HR Director.The ideal candidate will play a key role in the success
of the organization by:
- Tracking new hire progress including ordering background checks
and pre-employment drug testing on qualified candidates.
- Submitting tickets to create and decommission employee email
accounts as needed.
- Coordinating schedules for new hire orientation and employee
training sessions and tracking completion.
- Welcoming new employees to the organization by conducting
- Onboard new hires in payroll system.
- Administers uniform program ensuring that all employees are
assigned proper quantity within guidelines.
- Manage employee locker assignments.
- Track and update employee leaves of absence, FMLA, etc. to
- Post communications and announcements to employee portal.
- Order business cards and uniforms for Doctors and other staff
- Assist with other HR projects as needed.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to
accept direction on given assignments. Understand and carry out
oral and written direction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- High level of professionalism and discretion
- Familiar with Adobe
- Familiarity with HRIS systems is a plus
- 2-3 years of experience as a Staff Assistant, Administrative
Assistant or HR Assistant.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must be customer service oriented and possess a high degree of
confidentiality.What we offer:
- Paid time off
- Referral bonuses
- Insurance: health, dental, vision, and disability (must work 30
hours/wk. to be eligible)
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous employee pet discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuous learning via in-house training seminars and
- Employee appreciation events and activitiesPieper Veterinary
considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not
discriminate on the basis of, an individual's sex, race, color,
religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or
ethnic origin; nor does Pieper Veterinary discriminate on the basis
of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.Equal
Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Keywords: Pieper Veterinary, Middletown , HR Assistant (Part-Time), Human Resources , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!