Human Resources Generalist
Company: NAPA Auto Parts
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Job DescriptionAre you looking to make a huge impact and touch
many facets of HR with a fast paced and dynamic HR department? If
so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as a Human Resources
Generalist. We are looking for a HR talent who can switch gears
easily with HR tasks, someone who is collaborative, can gain the
trust of others, and can administer day-to-day operations of the
Human Resources team! This is a fast paced, super-multi-tasking
role so if you have high energy, like to have your hands in all
things HR, this role is for you!This is the perfect opportunity for
you if you:
- Love multitasking in all lanes of HR and making an impact on
all parts of HR
- Enjoy being the go to person for just about everything when it
comes to daily operations of an HR department and having the
- Are totally customer centric when it comes to providing
effective HR Management to with all levels of employees
- Passion and understanding of being in a key leadership role
that touches so many parts of a business
- Enjoy assisting with recruiting processes to include posting
jobs, sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates for open
- Have a passion for the Onboarding process of new employees and
administrative parts of the hiring process
- Enjoy building relationships and trust with employees and
leadersWhat you will get to do:
- Perform a broad scope of HR Functions including employee life
cycle, employee relations, performance management, compliance and
- Coordinates Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Works with performance management programs and projects as well
as any other compensation projects as assigned.
- Responds to questions regarding recruiting and staffing
processes, employee information (benefits/payroll) and
interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Provide support with presentations and facilitates training on
HR-related topics as needed.
- Assists in the communication and enrollment process of employee
- Steps in as needed with recruiting talent for open roles
- Serves as a subject matter expert and resource for HR policies
and practices, state and federal employment laws, and company HR
standard operating procedures.
- Promotes and manages local implementation of corporate driven
HR programs and initiatives.
- Provide consultation and coaching to frontline leaders
- Assist HR and department leaders with planning and roll-out of
HR programs and initiatives.
- Assist managers and employees in understanding and applying
best practices in order to maximize employee performance, achieve
organizational effectiveness, improve employee engagement
- Identify opportunities to improve HR programs and propose
solutions to improve HR practices.
- Work closely with HR team members to implement specific HR
processes and transactions
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks as required with
cross-functional HR / Partner teamsWhat you'll need to be
successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree, equivalent degree in a field of study
related to the job, or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of human resources experience, preferably in a
- Retail / Distribution Center experience is a plus and having a
background in Recruiting, Talent Acquisition, High Volume
- Ensures completion of required pre-employment testing: MVR,
drug test, background verifications, and new hire paperwork. Assist
with new hire orientations.
- Proficient with MS Office Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience working with applicant tracking system (PeopleSoft),
Kronos, Talentquest a plus (not a deal-breaker if you don't have
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal, State and Local
legislation regarding personnel and labor laws.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of
the organization and ability to partner with managers and employees
to positively impact business results.
- Adaptable, resourceful and able to work in fast moving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong
attention to details.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for independent
judgment and successful outcomes.
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external) and able to
develop and sustain effective relationships with key people both
inside and outside of operation business.
- PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred.
- Entirely customer-centric (internal/external)
- Knowledge of payroll and employee relations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations
to management, ability to deal with multiple issues simultaneously
with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work effectively in ambiguous situations, maintain a
positive approach and be a strong advocate of company-driven
- Must maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.* Work
performed in typical office environment.And if you have this, even
- SHRM certification (PHR or SPHR)
- 3-5 years experience managing the Human Resources function for
100 to 500 employees preferred (would be great if you have a
retail, manufacturing, or distribution background - not a deal
breaker if not
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through
various software programs and social media platforms.
- 1-2 years payroll administration experience
- Background in Recruiting/Staffing.Why NAPA may just be the
right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing
development, with support from leaders and your teamNAPA has great
careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after
reading this, you don't think that it is the perfect fit for you,
check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our
awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career
site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as
well.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: NAPA Auto Parts, Middletown , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!