Company: Apple Rehab Middletown
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Apple Rehab Middletown - Apple Rehab Middletown is a 70 bed
skilled nursing facility located in Middletown,CT. Our facility is
easily accessible from route 9, minutes from downtown, and on the
bus line. Our staff and residents enjoy spending time near our
beautiful memorial garden in our large backyard. Our employees
dedication and family-like relationships is what sets our building
apart from others.
Apple Rehab -is a family owned and operated company that treats
residents and staff like family too. Our expert team of senior
management is located at our home office, -right in Avon, CT,
ensuring superior care from a local company. Our leadership is not
across the country, but rather in your backyard.
-Supervises and monitors other dietary department personnel as
required. Ensures the department personnel follow established
policies and procedures. The Cook Supervisor contributes to
performance evaluations of subordinates with the Dietary Manager.
Supervises dietary aide work assignments and is responsible for the
department when the Dietary Manager is not available.
Prepares and serves meals for residents within the dietary needs
according to the residents' diet orders. Works with Dietary Manager
to ensure that resident needs are met. Cook Supervisor assists with
production planning by providing input to the Dietary Manager on
such topics as forecasting needs and developing recipes. Assists
with purchase and storage of food and equipment. The Cook
Supervisor ensures that the dietary department produces an
aesthetically pleasing, quality product within budgetary
guidelines. The Cook Supervisor utilizes all kitchen equipment such
as steamer, blender, electric slicers, food processor, grill and
ovens and uses proper adaptive equipment for the special needs of
residents. The Cook Supervisor must be able to respond to
residents' requests on short notice. Helps the Dietary manager plan
and prepare for all facility's special events
- Must hold Serv Safe Manager certification
- Must be able to unload and stock groceries on shelves of
various heights as well as lift items up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read, write and understand English, perform simple
math calculations, measure and record data.
- Attention to detail, good follow through skills and ability to
prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to supervise and instruct others.
- Previous experience in a hospital or long term care facility
- Demonstrates cooperation in assisting others and ability to
work as a team.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm and a positive attitude toward the
residents and their support networks
- Ability to communicate with residents, staff and family members
in a professional manner.
Apple Rehab offers an attractive benefit package for employees of
30 hours or greater that may include the following:
- Scholarships and career growth opportunities
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Call-a-Doc / 24-7 MD telephone service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Program
- Longevity Credit
Keywords: Apple Rehab Middletown, Middletown , Cook Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!