Behavioral Health Clinician (LCSW, PhD, or PsyD) - Ayer Neurosciences Neuroimmunology
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Description Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where -every moment -matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most
comprehensive healthcare network.
The Institute of Living, one of the first mental health centers in
the U.S., remains one of America's leading not-for-profit centers
for patient care, research and education in the fields of
behavioral, psychiatric and addiction disorder. Through our
dedicated, experienced and skilled clinicians, we provide patients
and their families with the highest quality of personalized care.
Programs are offered for children, adolescents and adults
struggling with mental illness as well as offering services
specializing in Anxiety, Eating Disorders, and Geriatric
The Division of Health Psychology at the Institute of
Living/Hartford Hospital is pleased to announce a position opening
for a full-time behavioral health clinician (LCSW) to support the
Hartford HealthCare Ayer Neuroscience Institute's Multiple
Sclerosis Center. The Multiple Sclerosis Center, located in
Southington, CT, is staffed by an interdisciplinary treatment team
dedicated to providing comprehensive care to individuals living
with Multiple Sclerosis. -
The behavioral health clinician is an integral and collaborative
team member. - Interdisciplinary collaboration is frequent. The
clinician should have experience providing both clinical and case
management services within a medical setting (inpatient and/or
outpatient). The behavioral health clinician should be comfortable
assessing, treating, and providing appropriate level of care
referrals regarding a wide range of co-occurring mood and substance
use disorders. The behavioral health clinician should have
experience in the identification, referral to, and navigation of
various disease-specific, local, state and federal resources to
target and address health disparities. The behavioral health
clinician should have a demonstrated history of facilitating and
maintaining strong internal and external community
- Providing brief evidence-based psychological interventions
(individual, family, and group) to adults living with MS and
psychological comorbidities (i.e. depression, anxiety, grief,
- Provide psychoeducation surrounding MS to patients and care
- Independent maintenance of treatment records and timely
- Data management including tracking symptoms and treatment
- Participating in regular psychology team and neuroscience
- Support group development and facilitation.
- Identify and provide direct support to patients navigating
disease-specific, local, state and federal resources (financial,
transportation, housing, etc).
- Conduct periodic needs assessments of clinic and provide
appropriate referral information and education to staff members
surrounding behavioral health topics.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
- Licensed to practice in the State of Connecticut.
- -Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and capable of working independently. -
We take great care of careers.
-As a Hartford Healthcare entity, The Hartford Hospital Institute
of Living provides eligible employees with an extensive benefits
package and all the benefits of working in a thriving centrally
located urban community:
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Generous paid time off with accrual starting on the date of
- Additional voluntary benefits as well as employee discount
- Located on the Institute of Living's historic park-like grounds
designed by Frederick Law Ohlmsted
-With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. - Here,
you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to
bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. - We know that a
thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
- Every moment matters. - And this is -your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Middletown , Behavioral Health Clinician (LCSW, PhD, or PsyD) - Ayer Neurosciences Neuroimmunology, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!