Registered Nurse, Special Care Unit
Posted on: September 17, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $10K!
The Registered Nurse of the Special Care Unit reports to the
Clinical Nurse Manager. - Utilizing the nursing process, provides
high quality direct and indirect patient -centered care. -
Coordinates patient care by working collaboratively with the
interdisciplinary team. - Communicates, as appropriate, the
patient's clinical condition, responding quickly and accurately to
changes in condition or response to treatment. - Demonstrates
knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life
span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to
the patient population served. - Promotes the profession of nursing
and professional practice through collegial support and
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support and
Advanced Cardiac Life Support upon hire or receive certification
within the new employee introductory orientation period and
maintain clinical competency during employment with ECHN in this
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time. -
1. - - Performs population specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and
care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and
2. - - Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of development of
the adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to
provide age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret
data about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
3. - - Assess and reassess pain. - Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. - Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. - Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
4. - - Develops and revises individualized plans of care as
indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment. -
-Evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness. - Involves the
patient and family in the formulation of goals.
5. - - Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
6. - - Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
7. - - Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a
timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
8. - - Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and
function under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking
skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
9. - - Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning
needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included
in teaching as appropriate.
10. - Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
11. - Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
12. - Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dsyrhythmias and treats appropriately based on ACLS protocols.
Keywords: ECHN, Middletown , Registered Nurse, Special Care Unit, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!