Physical Therapist, Outpatient
Posted on: September 11, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $10K!
Provides treatments to patients by evaluating the function and
selecting and applying appropriate treatments to improve or restore
function. Participates in an interdisciplinary approach for in
servicing and community education and in the clinical education of
affiliating students. Potentially may be responsible for cross-site
- Graduate of an accredited program of Physical Therapy with a
minimum of a B.S.
- Must hold or a current Connecticut license in Physical Therapy.
- This position requires an individual with strong English
communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must have personal computer skills and be proficient in the use
of Windows based programs needed for department functions.
- Basic keyboarding and skill is desirable, but not required, in
the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and in search
capabilities on the internet.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between
multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform
essential duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
Job-Specific Competency 1. Evaluates patients based on departmental
2. Conducts and modifies evaluations based on the patient's
symptoms, level of activity, and medical status establishing
individualized, appropriate, measurable goals for each patient.
3. Treats patients with the appropriate and acceptable therapeutic
exercises (strength, endurance, coordination, and ROM).
4. Administers physical agents (modalities) and manual therapeutic
technique to relieve pain and/or attain established goals.
5. Utilizes effective techniques to assist in normalizing motor
activity and learning.
6. Educates patients/families in home exercise programs and/or
functional activities in order to maximize independent functional
7. Determines when a patient has achieved maximal benefit from
treatment and recommends discharge if appropriate.
8. Documents in accordance to insurance guidelines and adheres to
the department's policies and procedures.
9. Seeks and fosters interdepartmental communication and
communication with the referring physician regarding patient care
as evidenced by observation, and chart review.
10. Accurately and consistently fills out and submits charges
11. Adheres to the professional code of ethics established by the
APTA and the facility at all times as evidenced by observation.
12. Performs all duties with proper body mechanics and safety to
13. Supervises at least one affiliated student per year
14. Attends a continuing education course to further/improve
15. Participates in at least one departmental in-service, or
community in-service as evidenced by documentation of educational
Keywords: ECHN, Middletown , Physical Therapist, Outpatient, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!