Occupational Health Nurse, Pratt & Whitney - Weekends
Company: WorkCare Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
We are looking for a Full Time Occupational Health nurse to help
support our client site in East Hartford, CT and Middletown, CT.
This position is responsible for performing regulatory testing,
injury/illness care, wellness education for employees within the
nursing scope of practice, the structure of the Client Standards,
policies, procedures and treatment care guidelines. The hours for
this position will be full-time Saturday and Sunday, and 2 days
during the week 7am-5:30pm.Note: schedule may be subject to change
depending on the needs of the department. This position requires
proof of U.S. Citizenship COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Provide on-site treatment / management of injuries and minimize
the need for off-site medical treatment.
- Give on-site care, first aid and follow up to occupationally
- Manage open workers comp and short-term disability cases as
- Maintain a medical record database and provide reports to
management as applicable.
- Maintain OSHA records as applicable.
- May perform medical testing including but not limited to: TB
tests, blood draws, immunizations, drug screening, vision tests,
hearing tests, respirator fit tests and medical evaluations
- May perform First Aid, CPR, AED, and other training as
- Maintain clinic supplies for treatment and preventative
measures in the workplace.
- Provide preventative health education as needed.
- Assisting with Case Management and helping with Covid
- Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a
valid RN license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is highly preferred
- Must hold current BLS certification
- 3-5 years RN experience required
- 2-3 years' experience in an urgent care, emergency department
or occupational health setting preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health preferred
- Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of maintaining privacy
- Strong critical thinking skills; problem solving, and decision
- Must have the ability to gather data, compile information and
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, with attention to detail
- Take initiative on issues that arise daily
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional approach with
others in job-demanding, multitasking and/or project support
- Ability to create and edit written materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors
- Strong time management, organizational, and follow-through
- Ability to meet and exceed daily and weekly individual
- Ability to work independently as well as assisting other team
members when needed.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Computer Skills
- Must be competent in the Windows operating system environment,
Adobe Professional, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel
and PowerPoint) and learn other software as needed.
- Physical Demands
- Requires sitting for long periods of time, working at a
- Some bending and stretching could be required.
- Working under stress and use of computer/phone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- Occasionally may be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Work Environment
- Mainly indoor, office environment conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Air quality is good, and temperature is controlled. This
position requires proof of U.S. Citizenship COVID-19 vaccination
required. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such
as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, experience and
qualifications. Benefits for this position include paid time off;
medical, dental, vision, and critical illness insurance; HSA, HRA,
and FSA; life and disability insurance; EAP; 401K; legal and
identify theft coverage; pet insurance and more. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
WorkCare is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and
reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in
About WorkCare: WorkCare, Inc., is a U.S.-based, physician-directed
occupational health company with global outreach. Our mission is
Protecting and Promoting Employee Health...from Hire to Retire. We
believe Work Matters. Health Counts. Prevention Saves. Our
occupational clinicians and industry subject matter experts deliver
integrated, total worker health solutions to employers in all types
of industries. Our capabilities include Medical Exams & Travel
program management; 24/7 Incident Intervention telehealth triage;
Onsite Services & Clinics; Consulting Medical Directors; Clinical
Accommodation and Leave Management support; and a full suite of
COVID-19 interventions. Our Industrial Athlete and Bio-ergonomic
Surveillance programs are designed to prevent and manage
work-related strains and sprains. Visit www.workcare.com to learn
Keywords: WorkCare Inc., Middletown , Occupational Health Nurse, Pratt & Whitney - Weekends, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...