Medical Assistant, Middlesex Orthopedic & Spine Associates
Company: Middlesex Orthopedic & Spine Specialists
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Spire Orthopedic Partners is a growing national partnership of
orthopedic practices that provides the support, capital and
operational resources physicians need to grow thriving practices
for the future. As a Management Services Organization (MSO), Spire
provides the infrastructure for administrative operations that
allows practices to operate at their highest level, so doctors can
focus their efforts on what matters most - patient care. Rooted in
the 100-plus-year legacy of its founding partners, the network
spans the Northeast with 100physicians, over 950 employees, and 23
locations from Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification
protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such
assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview,
please contact Human Resources at 203-869-1145 (for reasonable
accommodation requests only). Please provide all information
requested to assure that you are considered for current or future
opportunities.Summary:Middlesex Orthopedic & Spine Associates is
seeking a full-time Medical Assistant to join our team in our
Middletown, CT location. We are a growing practice with ample
opportunity for career growth. Competitive salary and benefits
- Arrive promptly to clinic according to your scheduled sessions.
Contribute and work together as a team to see that the clinic runs
smoothly (rooming patients, completing DME/casts, cleaning exam &
waiting rooms, stocking rooms).
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording
medical history, confirming and recording all patient medications
and allergies, confirming and documenting the purpose of the visit.
Obtaining OP reports, imaging reports, etc for the visit. Opening
images for Provider review.
- Prepares patients for examination by ordering preliminary
physical tests/x rays. Interact with other departments (electronic
health records, radiology, service coordination) to obtain the
resources needed to assist in patient care.
- Maintain accurate notes and records. Maintain patient dignity
- Remove sutures and staples (As Appropriate)
- Prepare injectable medications as per physician orders. Assist
Providers with US guided procedures (portable and handheld
- Dressings - assess the condition of wounds prior to cast
applications and cast removal. Consult with Providers for further
orders when problems are identified. (As appropriate)
- Cast application - (including specialized casts, fracture
braces) using plaster or synthetic materials. This involves
adjusting, removing, repairing, bi-valving, wedging and windowing
of casts. Provide on the job instruction and demonstration of
casting techniques to co-workers and other health professionals
(medical students, interns, residents) as requested.
- Measure and fit patients for orthopedic braces, devices, and
ambulatory aids. Instruct patients regarding care and proper use.
Fabricate and apply splints and bandages (ie., finger splints,
humeral splints, knee splints, back braces, etc.). Appropriately
document/code/bill for DME products.
- Instruct patient/family in the care of the cast, splint, or
brace as well as skin care. Reinforce the teaching of the medical
information given by the physician regarding the specific injury,
treatment plan, and anticipated results.
- Order and maintain equipment (including cleaning and preparing
instruments for autoclave).
- Manage orthopedic supplies, stock rooms, and empty biohazard
- Collaborate with other health care professionals such as
physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners.
- Prepare for clinic: bringing any necessary supplies, etc. Upon
completion of clinic: clean & stock rooms, power down computers,
possibly prepare for next Provider's clinic with user logins.
- Assist and monitor other clinics when schedule & time allows
assist with rooming, assisting/completing patient Kiosk's,
completing DME/casts, etc.
- Cover evening Urgent Ortho hours on a rotating basis within the
- Travel to satellite offices when assigned.
- Charting/prepping and review of schedules, ensuring reports,
tests, etc., are available for the provider.
- Assisting with triage tasks.
- Training with Front Desk on checking in and checking out
patients.IND2IND2MA CERTIFIED: Candidates must have graduated from
a medical assisting program (may be a one-year certificate or
diploma program or a two-year associate degree program) that is
accredited by either CAAHEP or ABHES.
- General knowledge of office procedures and computer
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to handle high stress, busy work environment.
- Knowledge of Word & Outlook required.
- Orthopedic and/or casting experience required.IND2
Keywords: Middlesex Orthopedic & Spine Specialists, Middletown , Medical Assistant, Middlesex Orthopedic & Spine Associates, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!