Company: TridentUSA Health Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company: TridentCare The Medical Technologist (MT)/ Medical
Laboratory Technician (MLT) performs in all areas of the
Laboratory. Must be able to perform clinical testing in Hematology
and Chemistry under the supervision of a supervisor or designated
tech. Will also be responsible for monitoring quality control,
quality of reagents and working condition of the instruments.
POSITION SUMMARY The Medical Technologist (MT)/ Medical Laboratory
Technician (MLT) performs in all areas of the Core Laboratory. Must
be able to perform clinical testing in Hematology and Chemistry
under a supervision of a supervisor or designated tech. Will also
be responsible for monitoring quality control, quality of reagents
and working condition of the instruments Essential Position
- Performs testing in the areas of Chemistry, Hematology,
Urinalysis and Coagulation.
- Checks the quality control of each test prior to running and
reporting patient results.
- Calls worklists on the computer, does editing of results and
data enters test results.
- Confirms abnormal results prior to releasing and bring any
"rare and improbable" test results to the attention of a
- Processes specimens and logs requisitions as needed.
- Reviews daily specimen management reports.
- Assists the Laboratory Supervisor in training new
- Troubleshoots problems (client, instrument, computer) as
- Performs maintenance on the automated Chemistry, Hematology,
Coagulation and Urinalysis instrumentation as needed.
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies.
Records lot numbers and compliance with state requirements for
documentation of lot numbers with quality control and specimen
- Records the quality control and maintains the QC records on all
- Data enters results into the computer.
- Ensures that QC is within appropriate limits and brings
problems to supervisor.
- Reviews worklists and work from automated analyzers to ensure
accuracy and timely reporting of patient results.
- Performs differentials and urine sediments as needed.
- Performs other tasks and procedures that are commensurate with
education, training and abilities.
- Responsible for all clerical functions associated with specimen
integrity, testing, identification and reporting of department
testing. Essential Position Duties (Continued)
- Follows all safety protocols as outlined in safety manual.
- Identifies and pursues self improvement needs
- Seeks coaching/mentoring when appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned. Compliance Responsibilities
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and
procedures including, but not limited to, those within the
Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and Corporate Integrity
- Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance
using the 4-Step Reporting Process
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement
responsibilities. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Core Competencies/Skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organizational skills.
- Exercises accuracy and precision in completion of prescribed
tasks and treatments. Professional Experience/Educational
- Candidate must have either a Bachelor's Degree and MT (ASCP),
or an Associated Degree with MLT certification or equivalent degree
in health science.
- One year experience in chemistry/hematology preferred but not
- Must have a concept with all phases of the operation of the
automated instruments utilized for routine analysis.
- Good planning and organizational skills desirable.
- Candidates must have sound computer skills.
- Must qualify under CLIA as a Medical Technologist or Medical
Laboratory Technician SHIFT Per diem Rotating weekend and holiday
Keywords: TridentUSA Health Services, Middletown , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!