Company: Community Health Center, Inc.
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Description Summary:Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC) is
one of the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary
medical, dental, and behavioral health services, and a leader in
practice-based research, health professionals training, and use of
innovative technologies to advance health and healthcare. CHC is
designated as a federally qualified health center and a
patient-centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and
NCQA, respectively. We deliver more than 500,000 patient visits per
year from primary care hubs and community clinics across the state
of CT, all connected by technology and common standards for
quality. We employ several hundred medical, dental, and behavioral
health providers who are engaged in practice, teaching, and
research. Our Weitzman Institute is devoted to research and
practice transformation and is recognized around the country as one
of the premier research institutes focused on improving health care
and health outcomes for special and vulnerable populations. In
addition, the organization has developed three wholly owned
subsidiaries from the original pilot developments within the
Weitzman Institute: the National Nurse Practitioner Residency and
Fellowship Training Consortium (NNPRFTC), the National Institute
for Medical Assistant Advancement and ConferMed.Job Description:The
Nurse Manager as part of a clinical team, works at the top of his
or her licensure to enhance the safety, effectiveness, and
efficiency of care through both the performance of professional
nursing responsibilities and the delegation of technical and
clerical functions as appropriate. The Nurse Manager trains,
supervises, and assigns medical assistants and staff nurses to
appropriate tasks based on training and preparation. Collaborates
with the Operations Manager, On-Site Medical Director and other
appropriate staff to accomplish assigned goals and
responsibilities. Works closely with the CNO to contribute to
agency policies, projects and standards. May require occasional
evening and Saturday hours based on site needs.ROLE AND
- Complies with all CHC policies and procedures as described in
the medical department policy and procedure manual. Assures
compliance with regulatory standards, including but not limited to
JCAHO, OSHA/EOC, Safety/Infection Control, Quality Care Audits, DPH
- Supervises, manages and ensures compliance with agency policy
regarding telephonic patient instructions and triage.
- Ensures that Staff Nurses are directly supporting and
proactively enrolling a panel of Complex Care Management patients
comprised of medically or behaviorally complex, chronically ill
patients, or patients in transition to enhance the patient
experience and directly contribute to enhancing overall patient
- Consults with CNO on nursing problems and interpretation of
agency policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Plans and organizes orientation and in-service training for
nursing and medical assistant staff members and participates in
guidance and educational programs.
- Adheres to CHC scheduling system. Effectively and appropriately
allocates appointments according to CHC protocols to ensure maximum
level of patient service and provider productivity. Collaborates
with Operation Managers to adjust schedules to patient needs and
- Supervises activities of medical assistants and nurses to
ensure compliance with relevant requirements of agency annual
training/education requirements, the State of CT regulations
regarding licensure and a Joint Commission accredited
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Interviewing, hiring and appraising performance of medical
assistants and nurses. Including addressing concerns, resolving
problems and rewarding behaviors.
- Coaches and supervises direct reports and facilitates team
approach with internal and external customers.
- Manages challenging or emotional customer situations.
- Participates in community health awareness programs and
- Responsible for effective and appropriate formulation and
monitoring of the site budget.
- As needed by the site will support primary care of patients
under planned care model, including pre-visit planning, daily
huddles, and execution of nurse-led and nurse-assisted visits.
- As needed by the site provides general and specific health care
education during patient visits and by telephone.
- Collaborates and coordinates care with other community based
- As needed, assists providers with exams, treatments, and
- Ensures safe, accurate, clinically appropriate collection,
storage, and processing of all biologic specimens.
- Coordinates both clinical and quality improvement projects and
communicates changes and progress to clinical team.
- Supervises activities of medical assistant externs and nursing
students to ensure appropriate clinical education and exposure to
CHC's model of care.
- Works closely with the CNO to contribute to agency-level
policies, initiatives/projects and standards.
- Contributes to the planning and support for orientation for new
Nurse Supervisors in the agency. This includes being available to
Nurse Supervisors for support on an ongoing basis should the need
arise.QUALIFICATIONSRequired Skills and EducationRegistered
NurseMSNPreferred SkillsDriver's LicenseElectronic health record
experienceTwo or more years of experience as a nurse in ambulatory
care, preferred.Prior management experience in
healthcareBilingualKnowledge of computer skills in word, basic
excel, PowerPointRequired Licenses/CertificationsCurrent CT Nursing
LicenseCPR - American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer
and AED certification or American Heart Association BLS/AED for
Healthcare Providers.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTFrequent
and alternating standing, walking and sittingOccasional bending,
squatting, kneeling and lifting up to 25 pounds.Daily and
continuous computer useDaily and frequent telephone use.ADDITIONAL
QUALIFICIATIONSCommittee membershipParticipation in quality
improvement projectsPreceptingConfidentiality of
InformationConfidentiality of business information is a
requirement. Confidentiality must be maintained according to CHC
policiesLocation:Community Health Center of
MiddletownCity:MiddletownState:ConnecticutTime Type:Full time
Keywords: Community Health Center, Inc., Middletown , Nurse Manager, Healthcare , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!