Assistant Nurse Manager - Critical Care Unit (Evenings)
Company: Middlesex Health
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Assistant Nurse Manager - CCU
The Smarter Choice for your Career!Come join one of Connecticut's
Top Workplaces for a fifth year in a row, and a 5 time Magnet
designated organization! At Middlesex Health, we have a unique
combination of award-winning talent, world-class technology, and
patient-first care that's making health care better. Through our
affiliation with the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Middlesex Health has
access to the most advanced medical knowledge and research
available.All of our nurses at Middlesex have access to
professional development opportunities, the ability to participate
in a clinical ladder, and shared governance while working to
provide the safest, highest-quality care to our patients.Our
Critical Care unit is a 24 bed ICU/Intermediate care unit. Our
multidisciplinary team of providers, nurses and respiratory
therapists work together to provide our patients with exceptional
care in a great team environment. Our spacious and modern unit
allows our teams to perform at the highest level while providing
our patients with a healing environment.Summary
The Assistant Nurse Manager for the Critical Care Department will
work collaboratively with the Nurse Manager and Nursing Director to
lead the clinical operations of a 24 bed mixed intermediate care
and intensive care unit. These operations will include
administrative responsibilities such as scheduling and staffing as
well as acting as the liaison between staff, patients and families,
physicians, administrators and other clinical units.
- Assists the Nurse Manager and Director in assigning patient
care activities for approximately 60 FTEs.
- Reviews clinical performance of nursing personnel via anecdotal
records, conferences and evaluation process.
- Participates in the Department of Nursing's and the Hospital
Center's Quality Improvement Program
- Serves as a resource person for the nursing staff within the
unit or other units.
- Serves as a preceptor role model in the clinical setting for
staff and affiliating students. Participates in the selection of
staff members who may serve as preceptors.
- Assists in the planning and monitoring of the unit budget in
conjunction with the Director, Nursing.
- Acts as a member of the patient care service and Leadership
Team; collaborates with and guides the interdisciplinary team
members in achieving patient outcomes. Adheres to all Core Values
(Compassion, Pursue Excellence, Cooperation and Collaboration,
Upholds Honesty, and Supports Innovation). Adheres to all Absolutes
(Privacy and Confidentiality, Professional Appearance, and
Responsibility and Commitment).Other job related duties as
- Licensed and currently registered as a professional nurse in
- Demonstrated competencies in nursing leadership
- Experience and demonstrated competency in applicable clinical
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and
- Ability to work Night and evening shift assignments Preferred
- Masters degree
- 3 years supervisory experience
Keywords: Middlesex Health, Middletown , Assistant Nurse Manager - Critical Care Unit (Evenings), Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!