Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionWe are seeking an experienced and high energy
Area Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Area Manager
is primarily focused on implementing the sales strategy for Company
owned stores in assigned Area to achieve maximum market
penetration, drive market growth, and increase sales and
profitability. If you seek a leadership position with opportunities
to learn, train and grow even further, explore the potential in our
Area Manager opportunity.Responsibilities
- Implement the sales strategy for the District in assigned Area.
Develop, execute and administer sales performance enhancing
metrics, monitor results against plan, and enhance results through
adjustments to business plan.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for District,
and implement strategies and initiatives to capture them.
- Build store teams that consistently deliver high levels of
customer service and business results. Coach team to achieve
success in sales, profits and turnover.
- Open new stores to drive growth in New Distribution Channels.
Manage proposals and oversee all aspects of store and people
- Develop and manage turnaround plan for under performing stores
by assessing customer requirements and addressing operational and
- Develop leads for new accounts, calling on key decision makers
to present the value proposition of NAPA. Create RFP - s and
proposals for potential accounts.
- Build relationships with business owners/account decision
- Develop, implement and drive business initiatives related to
improving distribution channels, including: assessing and pursuing
mergers and acquisitions, managing the planning of store resets,
managing store moves.
- Accountable for achieving assigned financial objectives and
- Manage assets of business including, but not limited to
purchasing, receivables, equipment, fleet and inventory, including
the disposal of old stock. Coach for improved performance.
- Review and interpret financial and operating information. Make
adjustments as appropriate take action based on projections to
- Conduct P&L reviews with company Store Managers. Assess
performance and develop a plan of action as needed.
- Actively lead the process to source, select and train new team
- Build store bench strength through development of skills and
- Partner with HR in the areas of hiring, development, coaching
and promotional opportunities.
- Demand high standards of performance. Ensure appropriate
standards are met as relates to employee coaching, discipline
documentation, and terminations.Qualifications
- A 4 year degree or equivalent Automotive Aftermarket
- Solid knowledge of NAPA store operations.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer base to consistently meet
or exceed sales and profit quotas.
- Direct store experience required. P & L analysis experience
- Sales driven and customer focused.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and leverage electronic
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.GPC conducts its business without
regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status,
national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other
protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train,
promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their
own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other
legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Middletown , Area Manager, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!