Client Funds Manager - CMHC
Company: Advanced Behavioral Health
Posted on: January 23, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: The Client Funds Manager is responsible for
processing and monitoring fund requests, generating daily, weekly
and monthly annual reports, and providing superior customer service
under the Department of Mental Health and Addictive Services
(DMHAS). This position will represent ABH - and its services in a
positive and professional manner and adhere to ABH -'s best
practices, guidelines, policies and procedures as established,
promoting ABH - as a leader in behavioral healthcare in all
interactions and work. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct services to clients referred for assistance in
the management of their funds, including assessment of money
management needs, supportive contacts to develop and revise
budgets, problem-solving around financial conflicts and the
disbursement of funds.
- Demonstrates basic therapeutic communication skills and
interviewing techniques in both engaging and sustaining clients who
are referred to the Money Management Program.
- Collaborates with clients, referring clinicians, families,
conservators and landlords, as deemed appropriate, to assist in
formulating and updating money management plans that address
changing needs and goals over time.
- Identifies potential issues and barriers that influence
engagement and ongoing participation in the Money Management
Program; works with primary clinician on intervention plans.
- Maintains considerable knowledge of the types of financial
assistance programs available, criteria for eligibility, and ways
to access these resources.
- Assists clients with the process of obtaining needed financial
resources by encouraging each client to complete as much of the
required application processes as possible within his/her
- Collaborates with entitlement and energy assistance agencies,
as well as with utility companies, to support client efforts to
obtain and maintain needed services and benefits.
- Collaborates with the ABH Finance Department to meet daily
banking and accounting requirements, and to respond to periodic
audits of program records.
- Receives client's spending money disbursement checks and cash
from Finance Department and distributes to clients based on
predetermined payment amounts. All checks and cash are locked in
safe at all times until disbursed.
- Prepares all reports requested by the Social Security
Administration and the Department of Social Services to facilitate
client redeterminations and to respond to inquiries related to
CMHC's role as Representative Payee for selected clients.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with
clients, families, colleagues, human service providers, and others
to facilitate collaboration.
- Ensure that finance information is easily accessible by
maintaining proper files.
- Maintain an updated list of authorized signatories by fund
including all relevant contact information.
- Provide technical assistance to requestors and service vendors
incorporating relevant policies and procedures.
- Act as liaison between DMHAS and service vendors for issues
related to Representative Payee Program:
- Verifying all documentation prior to processing requests.
- Following up when documentation that cannot be given initially
is received within 30 days.
- Contacting Vendors on disbursements that have not cleared
- Communicating all changes to Clinicians which include rent
changes, location changes, special requests, emergency requests,
additional apartment renters, etc.
- Input requests, scan and attach documents.
- Day to Day liaison to CMHC.
- Identify necessary changes and initiates/assists in the
development/revision to functioning systems within the appropriate
internal and external departments;
- Maintain confidentiality of all client protected health
information and adheres to all HIPAA related policies and
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all
activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Performs other tasks/responsibilities as required to support
the business operations. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in social service field preferred, or related
field or a combination of related education and work
- Experience with Behavioral Health consumer population a
- Compliance with current State of Connecticut and federal health
and vaccine requirements
- Must have basic/intermediate accounting/budgeting experience;
preferably through work experience or college
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment,
have superior organizational skills and demonstrated experience in
communicating at all levels;
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers; intermediate skills in
MS Word and Excel;
- Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
and motivational skills;
- Proven ability to develop and sustain a high level of customer
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and
multi task as necessary to meet deadline;
- Detail oriented a must;
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and guests;
- Ability to identify problems/issues, troubleshoot and resolve
in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage shifting priorities when necessary;
- Ability to learn computer programs/applications designed for
- Demonstrates a "can do" attitude
- Demonstrates evidence of sensitive consideration of cultural,
spiritual and gender issues in service delivery.PI201627417
Keywords: Advanced Behavioral Health, Middletown , Client Funds Manager - CMHC, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!