Manager, Development and QA (Remote)
Company: PNT Data
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As a member of the Engineering management team, the Manager of
Development and QA contributes to the definition and design of
PNT's Software Products, while overseeing all software development
and testing aspects of the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the company's technical vision and lead all
aspects of the company's software development and testing.
- Lead software architecture definition in collaboration with the
CTO and Development team. Collaborate with stakeholders and
department heads to ensure appropriate technologies improve their
efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability.
- Work collaboratively with the CTO, Product Owners and Agile
teams on the development of new products, product enhancements and
- Discover, pilot, and implement emerging technologies that yield
- Lead, in collaboration with the QA team, testing strategy,
execution and test automation.
- Establish and stimulate software development standards and
processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and
- Manage Deployment Pipeline ensuring source code is effectively
managed, tested, and deployed utilizing automation.
- Escalation point for Development and QA team including
providing hands on technical assistance with difficult issues that
arise with team members.
- Manage Production Support tickets escalated to Development;
Triage, assign, follow up and support developers as they
investigate and remediate issues.
- Guide, coach and mentor top-flight Development and Testing
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as a Development Manager or similar
leadership role building software for customers.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively increasing experience and
- A minimum of 5 years as a Software Engineer working on
commercial software offerings.
- Deep experience leveraging Agile principles.
- Knowledge of SaaS Data Processing, Web based systems and
associated technologies including .Net (Must), SQL, API's,
- Demonstrated experience using DevOps tools (Azure Devops
- Demonstrated experience leading and executing highly complex,
multi-faceted strategic projects to drive tangible business
- Problem solving aptitude, critical thinking, and strategic
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to
present effectively to all levels of the organization as well as
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire a technical team.
- Flexibility and high energy to manage shifting priorities, and
a fast-paced environment.
- Healthcare Data experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or
- Master's Degree in business administration, information
technology or similar a plus.-
- Fully remote
- Health benefits
- Innovation Fridays
- HR Phone screen
- Peer interviews
- CTO (hiring manager) interview.NET Core, APIs, AWS, Agile,
C#.NET Core, APIs, AWS, Agile, C#
Keywords: PNT Data, Middletown , Manager, Development and QA (Remote), Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!