PA- Middletown Associate Director
Company: Touro College & University System
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The PA- Middletown Interim Associate
Director oversees the operation of the PA Program in the absence of
the Director. The person in this position answers directly to the
Director and performs various duties as delegated by the
Director.ResponsibilitiesAccreditationAssists the Director with the
- Maintain accreditation by coordinating the efforts of the PA
Program to meet and/or exceed the "Essentials."
- Maintain NY State Education Dept. (SED) registration of the PA
Program by keeping the Program in compliance with the regulations
of the Commissioner of Education.Assists the Director with the
- Review academic curricular content for appropriateness to PA
- Monitor evaluation of learning objectives examinations and
- Provide analytical material and other resources to the
Curriculum Committee for appropriate changes in curriculum.
- Monitor clinical curriculum to assure the program offers
adequate clinical rotations and monitors students' progress at
- Establish and maintain standards of academic performance and
monitor levels of performance as a member of the Academic Progress
- Maintain adequate sequence for the monitoring of student
progress and assuring appropriate intervention and/or recognition
of outstanding performance.Staffing
- Assists the Director in recruitment, employment, and praise or
discharge of staff members as indicated.BudgetingAssists the
Director with the following:
- Establishing the annual budget in cooperation with the Director
Dean and Vice President in charge of Finance.
- Adherence to the approved budget.
- Seek out available grants and submit appropriate documentation
to solicit outside funding for the PA
Program.Admissions/RecruitmentAssists the Director with the
- Guarantee that admitted applicants have all the necessary
prerequisites, academic ability, and motivation to achieve the
goals of the curriculum.
- Serves as Co-Chair of the Admissions Committee.
- In cooperation with the "recruiter" for the SHS the Program
Director will help to coordinate the appropriate recruitment
strategies for assuring a qualified applicant pool.GraduatesAssists
the Director to provide the following:
- Documentation requested by alumni and/or potential employers of
alumni as needed.
- Cooperate with the editor of the student/alumni newsletter by
providing articles of interest to PA alumni.
- Maintain and update the alumni database in cooperation with the
Director of Alumni Affairs.QualificationsEducation/ Experience
- 3-5 years PA teaching experience-
- NCCPA Board Certified
- Valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- A Master's degree or higher is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science from an accredited Physician Assistant
ProgramKnowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Requires ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with
frequent high levels of urgency or sensitivity
- Must be able to work collaboratively and effectively with
colleagues in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills are required (both written and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel,
Power Point, Outlook Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed
Touro University is an equal opportunity employer. Touro University
treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful
consideration of race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related
medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status,
citizenship status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to
ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including
but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational
programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and
apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion,
downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and
termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission,
matriculation, and employment.
Inquiries or complaints concerning the non-discrimination policies
should be sent to Nicole Barnett, 50 West 47th Street, 12th Floor,
New York, New York, 10036, firstname.lastname@example.org (646-565-6285)
or, alternatively, to the Chief Compliance Officer at
email@example.com and 646-565-6000 x55330.
Keywords: Touro College & University System, Middletown , PA- Middletown Associate Director, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!