Vice President of Development and Communications
Company: Child & Family Services of Newport County
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Company OverviewAt Child & Family, we hold two core beliefs.
That individuals and communities thrive when supported by strong
families and that a community works best when it accepts
responsibility for all of its members. These beliefs influence
everything we do and have guided our growth since we first opened
our doors in 1866.Job SummaryAs an integral part of Child &
Family's Executive Leadership Team, and with direction from the
President /CEO this position will identify, plans and manages Child
& Family's development initiatives and executes comprehensive
development plans and programs, both short and long term, to
support fundraising objectives of the organization. In addition the
he/she will provide leadership, supervision and coordination of
staff and volunteers in order to raise funds and increase public
aware of Child & Family's mission and impact.FLSA Status:
ExemptHours:37.5 per weekSupervisory Responsibilities: team of
3Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the development and operation of comprehensive
fund-raising and public relations programs to which results in
additional dollars raised philanthropically.
- Provide leadership and direction to fund raising, special event
and marketing staff and consultants into order to formulate
strategies, policies and procedures related to these areas.
- Works with members of the Agency community to promote
involvement in Institutional Advancement programs and encourage the
identification and development of opportunities that support and
strengthen the Agency.
- Work to stimulate interest, create involvement, and build
relationships with corporate foundations and community
- Oversees and facilitates agency wide efforts in pursuing
grants. This includes grants exploration, development, written
submission and reporting.
- Develop and promote major gift programs to include planned and
deferred giving; oversee all giving programs; approve proposals for
support, and authorize institutional advancement information and
- Review, revise and submit annual budgets for the Institutional
Advancement Office.Works closely with the VP of Finance to insure
that monthly financial reports relating to fund development is
accurate. Periodically engages the Board and CEO in more detailed
analysis of fund raising and special events performance.
- Represent the Agency as directed by the President & CEO.
- Work closely with other senior administrators to ensure the
consistent, effective management and development of the Agency, and
serve on appropriate Agency committees.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President &
- Bachelors degree required .Masters degree preferred
- 3+ years of directly relevant experience in Development and/or
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and proven ability to
supervise the work of others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an
orientation toward providing factbased
- highly persuasive, actionable recommendations.
- Proficient in one or more Development Software products, i.e.
Raiser's Edge, Sage, Bloomerang
- Proficient in one or more Design Software products, i.e. Adobe
Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign,Photoshop),
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Superior organizational, recordkeeping and research skills;
attention to details.
- Ability to self-manages workload, multi-task and meet
deadlines.Benefits and PerksAll full-time and part-time employees
are considered benefit eligible, temporary employees are eligible
for sick time under RI law.
- 12 holidays, 2-4 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, and 1 personal
day annually: paid time off is pro-rated for part-time
- health insurance: 2 plan options
- Fully funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- vision insurance
- (FSA): dependent care and health care
- Agency paid for New York Life/Cigna life insurance, accidental
death and dismemberment, and long-term disability
- Supplemental C insurance: 5plans available
- 401(k) plan: traditional and deferrals available, with company
contribution after 1 year of service
- Tuition Assistance Program after 6 months of service
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted child care available at Middletown building
- Discounted cell phone discount through
- Discounted pet insurance
- Discounted membership
- Discounted membership
- Potential for housing assistance on Aquidneck Island only
- RI DOH license, bilingual, and advanced degree salary
- Shift differential for night shifts
- Direct deposit and employee self services through EOE/AAP
ParticipantChild & Family will not discriminate against any
individual on the basis of age, gender, sexual orientation, color,
race, creed, national origin, ancestry, religious persuasion,
marital status, political belief, pregnancy, military status,
veteran status, physical or mental disability that does not
prohibit performance of essential job functions with or without
reasonable accommodations, genetic predisposition or genetic
carrier status, or any other protected category under local, state
or federal law, nor will anyone receive special treatment for those
reasons, except for reasonable accommodation as required by law. It
is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related
factors.C&F strives to achieve a workforce that includes
representation of qualified affirmative action group members in
proportion to the qualified and available target group workforce in
the community that we serve.
Keywords: Child & Family Services of Newport County, Middletown , Vice President of Development and Communications, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!