Chief Information Officer
Company: Community Health Center, Inc
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Job Description Summary:Community Health Center, Inc. (CHC),
with offices in Connecticut, Colorado, and California, is one of
the country's most creative and dynamic providers of primary
medical, dental, and behavioral health services, and a leader in
practice-based research, health professionals training, and use of
innovative technologies to advance health and healthcare. CHC is
designated as a federally qualified health center and a
patient-centered medical home by HRSA, the Joint Commission, and
NCQA, respectively. The organization delivers more than 500,000
patient visits per year from primary care hubs and community
clinics across the state of Connecticut, all connected by
technology and common standards for quality. It employs several
hundred medical, dental, and behavioral health providers who are
engaged in practice, teaching, and research. Its Weitzman Institute
is devoted to research and practice transformation and is
recognized around the country as one of the premier research
institutes focused on improving healthcare and health outcomes for
special and vulnerable populations. In addition, the organization
has developed three wholly owned subsidiaries from the original
pilot developments within the Weitzman Institute: the National
Nurse Practitioner Residency and Fellowship Training Consortium
(NNPRFTC), the National Institute for Medical Assistant Advancement
(NIMAA), and ConferMed.
This innovative mid-sized health system seeks a creative and
experienced Chief Information and Technology Officer to lead its
Information Technology division. The system is a multi-organization
enterprise, operating from a number of disparate locations with
remote employees based in over 25 states. The IT division supports
a number of affiliates utilizing VOIP technology, extensive
telehealth and meeting conferencing tools, robust transactional and
analytic systems as well as providing EHR, finance, and HR system
functionality. In addition to facility-based services, both the
enterprise and the affiliates maintain extensive web- and
internet-based ecosystems for product delivery and customer
support.Job Description:ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the Information Security vision, strategy, and program
to mitigate cybersecurity threats and to ensure communications,
systems and IT assets are protected. Monitors security compliance
to policies and procedures and executes appropriate plans to
improve compliance or mitigate risk.
- Oversees IT governance framework to ensure IT's strategy has
the appropriate visibility, priority, and resources needed to
transform the present and future demands of the enterprise and its
affiliates. Leads the overall vision and technical direction of the
enterprise in support of its mission and strategic plans.
Collaborates with executive and senior leadership to translate
business needs and requirements to near-term and long-term goals
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the design,
development, implementation, operations and support of IT systems,
including enterprise architecture management, applications and data
warehouse analytics management, cybersecurity and risk assurance,
infrastructure and network technologies, and operations support
management. Ensures standardized processes and procedures are in
place and enforced to stabilize, secure and recover, and utilize
systems and technologies to their fullest potential.
- Oversees and collaborates with key stakeholders a comprehensive
disaster recovery and business continuity plan while assuring
appropriate resiliency, hardening and redundancies to minimize
operational impact. Tests DR plan on a periodic basis.
- Identifies and recommends emerging technologies or
opportunities for IT investment in systems and resources, including
staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
- Partners with our research and education affiliates to
implement state-of-the-art technologies and data analytics to
transform clinical care and educate colleagues at a national
- Collaborates with clinical leadership to envision the future
state of health care with emphasis on data security and integrity,
patient safety, patient and provider satisfaction, and clinician
- Responsible and accountable for forecasting and tracking
operating and capital expenditures. Collaborates with leadership
and IT management team to project financial plans to support
strategic initiatives and IT assets (including end of life) as part
of budgeting process.
- Administers hardware, communication and software acquisition
and maintenance contracts and pursues master agreements to
capitalize on economies of scale.
- Oversees IT vendor management and develops strategic
partnerships with vendors to ensure alignment with the enterprise's
strategic roadmap and the ongoing management of service levels and
- Directs the creation, implementation, and enforcement of
policies and procedures for IT process and systems administration,
incorporating both industry best practices and compliance
- Ensures continuous improvement of IT services and monitors
metrics against performance.
- Provided staff coaching, mentoring and consultation to enhance
professional development. Monitors and reviews skill sets within IT
to support current and emerging technologies.
- Serves as a strategic business partner, attending community and
industry meetings and conferences; develops a professional network
to gain and maintain industry relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSRequired Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems or relevant field.
- A minimum of 10+ years in senior leadership position in IT with
proven success contributing to the strategic leadership of the
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in software development,
technology, and/or implementation
- Demonstrated change management skills that enable the
organization to adapt to technology advances.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution; Able to
conceptualize long-term business goals and developing effective
plans for accomplishing goals
- Proven experience and proficiency in leading IT organizations,
project management, cyber-security, and data analytics
- Experience managing enterprise wide technology initiatives with
standardized processes and methodologies, including development and
management of internal SLA-based relationships, charge-back systems
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they
relate to IT, including HIPAA.
- Solid Knowledge of business theory, business processes,
management, budgeting, and business office operations. -
- Experience with healthcare operations a plus.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles,
practices, and procedures.Preferred Skills
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or relevant field.
- Certified Health Care CIO (CHIME CHCIO)
- CHIME Boot Camp Graduate
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Professional in Health Information Management (HIMSS
- Security certification such as Certified in Healthcare Privacy
and Security (CHPS) and/or other healthcare industry related
- Ability to drive change, encourage innovation, and take strong
ownership under dynamic conditions.
- Strong understanding of information technology including
cybersecurity, application package management, infrastructures,
support and services best practices, and vendor partnering and
management in a health provider setting.
- Uses critical thinking and sound judgment to solve complex
problems with limited information.
- Ability to provide meaningful data analytics and reporting
services that support operational and strategic
- Ability to influence key stakeholders through clear strategies
and data driven information.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Superior analytical, problem solving, and business acumen
- Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Ability to create strong working relationships and develop the
trust and respect of large teams.
- Ability to provide strategic direction and align work of large
teams to the goals of the organization.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service.Location:Knowledge and Technology
CenterCity:MiddletownState:ConnecticutTime Type:Full time Every
individual who becomes part of CHC - and this includes people at
every level of our organization - joins an organization working on
the front lines of healthcare, where we face the industry's most
interesting and difficult challenges.
Keywords: Community Health Center, Inc, Middletown , Chief Information Officer, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!