Care Manager (Child Voluntary Services Program) - Bilingual
Company: Beacon Health Options
Posted on: June 15, 2020
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with
behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader
in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across
all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering
a'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you
click'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential,
while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for
Beacon is currently seeking aBilingual Child Voluntary Services
Care Manager to join our team at ourRocky Hill, CT office. The
Voluntary Care Manager is responsible for applying specialized care
management techniques in the clinical management of intensive,
chronic, or complex clinical situations when a family and youth
experience barriers to accessing care. Knowledge of the treatment,
services and resources of youth serving programs is required as is
an understanding of the basic concepts of managed behavioral health
care. Duties include evaluation, determination and authorization of
appropriate levels of care based on established criteria for
consumers and an understanding of WRAP and the impact of trauma on
high need youth and families.
What does a typical day look like?
- Via the use of a standardized instrument conducts an initial
assessment to evaluate the clinical need of the identified
- Reviews available clinical information, on-site and
telephonically, regarding requests for authorization for payment of
- Evaluates clinical information and document justification for
- Provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment planning by
providing concurrent reviews and discharge planning for continuity
of care to members.
- Provides EPSDT case management when needed by facilitating
referrals, developing and coordinating a plan of service.
- Summarizes and presents written and oral clinical information
to supervisor, medical director or peer advisor in one-to-one and
- Utilizes established policies and procedures for processing
authorizations and initiating appeals and claims reviews.
- Helps develop and facilitate implementation of the most
cost-effective plan of care for identified members while helping to
ensure that members receive high quality care.
- Advocates for member's needs to facilitate movement through
systems both internal and external to the organization.
- Consults with providers on family education regarding treatment
goals and objectives, medication, and social skills.
- Contributes to and documents individualized care plans.
- Recommends discharge plans, aftercare referrals, and community
- Establishes a plan, in collaboration with the family and
service providers as necessary for addressing barriers to
- Supports and directs clinical care-decision making by insuring
that the youth and family are at the center of the care planning
- Mediates, advocates and negotiates with care providers and
engages additional providers when needed in order to improve
individual outcomes for a family as articulated in the
Individualized Care Plan.
- Collaborates with the Department of Children and Families,
Department of Developmental Services, Department of Mental Health
and Addiction Services and private insurers as necessary to improve
outcomes and access to care for needed services.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team reviews to review care
plans to ensure they adequately address the identified needs.
- Responsible for the intensive care management of families who
- Builds, develops and maintains a positive and collaborative
relationship with local providers
What you Contribute?
Education: Master's degree
Licensure: Position requires being independently licensed in
Connecticut in one or more of the following: Social Work-LCSW,
Licensed Professional Counselor-LPC, Marriage and Family
Experience: Bilingual required (Spanish speaking preferred).Three
(3) years' experience in the behavioral health field with two (2)
years' post Master's degree experience in the delivery of social
work/counseling services in a behavioral health care or home health
setting working with children and families is required. Knowledge
of local community resources and trauma is essential. Requires
excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the
demonstrative ability to relate effectively with treatment
providers, advocates, clients and other professionals. Ability to
effectively intervene in complex clinical situations. Working
knowledge of care management principles and practices, cost
containment principles, excellent PC skills, analytical and problem
solving skills needed. Prefer experience with DCF or knowledge of
youth serving programs.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Group presentation and public speaking skills
- Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job- it's an opportunity to change
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members,
providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health& wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for?
Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free
Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top
priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using
official company email (@BeaconHealthOptions.com). Only candidates
who have applied for an open position through our Careers page
(careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview
process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the
phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon
recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable
information from you.
Keywords: Beacon Health Options, Middletown , Care Manager (Child Voluntary Services Program) - Bilingual, Executive , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!