Company: JBT Corporation
Posted on: March 10, 2023
OverviewOverviewJBT is one of the largest solutions providers to
the global food processing industry. The largest food processors
within the fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry, seafood and bakery
industries. Avure, a JBT business unit, manufactures High Pressure
Processing (HPP) machines that pasteurizes food through high
pressure instead of heat and chemicals making food healthier and
taste better.BENEFITS -Start fromday1!JBT Corporation offers the
growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is
unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a
competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with company match - up to 6.5%
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation PayControls Engineer/ IOPs AnalystAvure Technologies
seeks a strong Controls Engineer who will take full design
responsibility for the electrical controls of new and present
equipment. You have a clear and strong mandate to optimize the
performance and cost of new capital equipment. You will work
together with colleagues in a small but very competent engineering
team with a long experience of pressure vessels. Additionally, you
will regularly pull the IOPs data from our customers and identify
issues they may be having or may have in the future. You will be a
customer advocate and work directly with customers to support their
needs ResponsibilitiesDuties Include:
- Create wiring diagrams, PLC programs and control panel designs
that result in safe and efficient operation.
- Ensure that new designs are safe, cost effective, reliable and
easy to service.
- Ensure that components and assemblies meet national and
- Assist in testing and sometimes also commissioning of new
equipment at customer sites.
- Document changes and updates to ensure proper revision
- Document work procedures and ensure high quality through the
- Support the organization when engineering related questions
- Remote support to Field Service Engineers to resolve customer
issues when they arise.
- To liaise with subcontractors and outside specialist when
- Participate in customers' meeting to improve their processes
and usage of their equipment.
- Influence the direction of our IOPs development team to make
the best IOPs program for our customers
- Analyze the data coming from customers facilities and make
correlations to issues they are experiencing.
- Conduct predictive maintenance needs and convey this
information to our customers
- Have detailed understanding of our equipment to support
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in
- 5 years' experience in control systems applications
(Allen-Bradley, Siemens, ABB, etc.)
- 5 years' experience in electrical engineering with tools such
as AutoCad, SolidWorks, etc.
- 3+ years' experience preferred work with manufacturing, and
installation of capital equipment preferred.
- Familiar with national and international standards.
- Deep interest in general IT and computer related
- Familiar with hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, mechanical
prints, schematics, and systems required
- Working knowledge of closed loop control circuits, feedback
loops, transducer circuits and HMI/SCADA systems.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills required.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and
interpersonal skills, the ability to multi task, work in a fast
paced environment and have time management skills. Must have the
ability to be proactive and drive change.
- 15% Travel required including international.Avure Technologies
can be characterized by keywords such as customer focus,
entrepreneurship, development, and job satisfaction. We have the
opportunity to influence both your personal and company
development.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERIt is the policy of JBT
Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and
not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is
submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT
Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require
accommodation during the application process, please contact the
local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesIf you have a disability or
impairment that prevents you from completing the online
application, please seek the assistance of your local employment
services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local
employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support
in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find
information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524 if your disability
or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use
this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or
impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be
able to give you a status update regarding your application and
will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your
Keywords: JBT Corporation, Middletown , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...