Posted on: January 10, 2022
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE AN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Optimization of effectiveness and efficiency of existing
manufacturing plants and processes
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Responsible for maintaining manufacturing job integrity and
working with production control when deviations are
- Oversee documentation to include approval and change management
for process instructions and flow schemes of regular / existing
- Reviews all processes for regular / existing products, trouble
shoots and suggests process improvements
- Manages quality process, assists in determine root cause and
- Implement lean projects with focus on process stabilization
and/ or improvement.
- Supports all lean projects and process enhancements
- Performs risks analysis and recommends abatement
- Conducts research and testing, to design and develop new
products and optimize existing products
- Conducts research to design and develop tools, engines,
machines, controls, equipment, modifications in sequence of
operations, and mechanical processes in conjunction with
Manufacturing Engineering and outside consultants, required for
process improvement and product development and initiates CER when
- Chooses and implements analysis and testing techniques used in
the test characterization of materials and coordinates physical
testing and evaluation of raw materials and finished products in
order to establish comprehensive new product specifications and is
also responsible to maintain current product specifications.
- Evaluates competitors' products and materials, including patent
information, to contribute to the establishment of benchmarks for
- Investigates and resolves work-in process problems and daily
- Develops and implements production/ processing methods and
controls to meet quality standards in the most cost effective
- Train managers/associates on new products, including raw
materials, manufacturing procedures, product specifications and
properties, and applications related characteristics
- Coordinate R&D efforts with Marketing, Manufacturing, and
Quality Assurance regarding product feasibility and time frames for
product development and maintain updates on project status
utilizing approve project management tool.
- Adopt and utilize ISO 9000 procedures.
- Direct involvement and travel to existing and potential
customers for design of new products.
- Interacts with Suppliers, Consultants, Customers, Universities,
etc.; to support duties above.
- Management (updating / adjusting) of existing BOM's
- Responsible for product and material certifications / approvals
by appropriate agency when required: NSF, USDA, USDA Dairy, EU,
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements/preferences listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Preferred - Associates/Bachelor's Degree in Related field.
- Required - Associates / Bachelor's Degree in Industrial
- Preferred - Minimum 3 to 5 five years' experience in a
- Required - Read, Write and Comprehend English.
- Required - Strong computer skills for Epicor Excel, Word
- Preferred - Strong Analytical Skills
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Habasit, Middletown , Process Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!