Senior Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: January 6, 2022
This position is responsible for the application engineering of
telecommunications outside plant in a local serving exchange
environment. Subject matter expert of and for all technical aspects
of outside plant facilities work such as but not limited to cable
sizing, cable counts, cable records, permitting for right of ways,
and easements. This position works as a team member with Network
Planning, Central Office, Transmission, and Operations to support
the growth, replacements, and upgrades of telecommunications plant
facilities. This position also supports sales, marketing,
operations, and regulatory as needed.Specific requirements of the
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their
start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or
medical exemption accommodation.
- Must have experience engineering fiber to the home
- Engineering design for outside plant projects.
- Perform field staking.
- Proactive review of outside plant facilities to determine
necessary upgrades and enhancements.
- Communicate with state, county, city, and national indices to
gain information on planned projects that involve growth and
- Coordinate with all utilities for project design and
construction to utilize joint trench.
- Communicate with all peers and departments to ensure proper
- Maintain accurate cable records and updates.
- Attend pre-construction meetings for project designs.
- Apply for permits as required (State, DNR, City, County,
- Maintain and investigate right of ways and easements for
- Prepare project justifications for approvals including EWOP
documents loaded into Varasset.
- Prepare loop studies as needed.
- Prepare cost estimates for BDTs.
- Respond to DORs as needed.
- Update records according to As-Builts.
- Land base into FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based
- Assist in annual budget design.
- All other activities with respect to the needs of the
business.QUALIFICATIONS:Must have detailed knowledge of outside
plant activities. Knowledge of engineering tools to include the
following, FROGS/Spatial Engineer (Frontier AutoCAD based GIS),
Adobe, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and other vendor
software. Excellent organizational skills, communications skills
(written and verbal) and customer relations will be utilized in
achieving desired results and are critical to the position. Outside
plant construction and project management experience and inventory
management experience. Experience in right of way, private easement
and permitting with local, state and federal entities. Must be able
to manage multiple projects in various stages of
activity.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:B.S. in Engineering or equivalent, or
a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience related to outside plant,
preferable in a local exchange environment. Must be able to
demonstrate knowledge with a heavy emphasis on outside plant
design, cable count layout, and capacities. Must have a solid
knowledge of telecommunications outside plant. Must be able to
participate and lead project teams to achieve team objectives and
goals. Strong interpersonal skills are very important in
discussions and meetings with the engineering team, regional
managers, vendors, local supervisors, and technicians.
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Middletown , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!