Product Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Pratt & Whitney
Posted on: January 6, 2022
United States of America
PW102: Middletown Aircraft Rd P.O. Box 611, Middletown, CT, 06457
USAManufacturing Engineering - Product Manufacturing Engineer
Pratt & Whitney is seeking an experienced, proactive, and goal
oriented professional to lead Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL)
execution on critical components in the Operations
Execution of MRL elements to drive process control will
dramatically improve the company's quality and delivery signature.
The Product ME will be responsible for specific part or part family
MRL advancement through the execution of MRL elements such as
PFMEA, Control Plan & Gage R&R. The scope of this role will
include both PW internal shop and supply chain components.
- With specific product ownership, this role will drive
manufacturing process improvements across multiple process steps
that spans the full value stream of the parts.
- Provide focused & effective leadership in the advancement of
MRL elements to drive manufacturing risk identification and
mitigation to achieve superior quality performance.
- Identify & implement process optimization & control methods to
eliminate/prevent quality turn backs /escapes and reduce overall
- As a key member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT),
significant interaction with product designers, tool designers,
quality assurance, systems designers, and other stakeholders is
- Use statistical analysis tools to perform Root cause analysis
and corrective actions on non-conforming product.
- Drive targeted manufacturing process optimization activities
through MRL tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Process Flow
Diagram, PFMEA, Control Plans, Measurement Systems Analysis, Yield
& Cost curves and Qualification plan.
- The discipline and follow-through to fully document problem
statements, observations, conclusions, calculations and
- Work with senior management:
- Support the project pipeline process to select, prioritize and
scope projects to business objectives, integrated with other
continuous improvement activities and ACE/CORE initiatives.
- Schedule and facilitate periodic project reviews and ensure
validation of MRL gate advancements. Use effective scorecards and
metrics to ensure progress.
- Lead significant projects critical to improve manufacturing
process capability & quality performance
- Represent the organization in various forums related to MRL
execution. Develop standard work, procedures, and integrate
industry-standard best practices.
- Communicate lessons learned to:
- Product development/engineering to enable implementation of
design for variation (DFV) and robust design methods (DFSS).
- Other operational organizations for read across
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in complex manufacturing
- Demonstrated proficiency leading and managing a portfolio of
cross functional projects
- Effective team player with strong good interpersonal skills
capable of influencing and getting cooperation and action from
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written), work
and relate with people at all levels of the organization and be
- and ability to influence cross functional team
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to be successful.
- Six Sigma project leadership/management/coaching experience
- Excellent knowledge of MS office computer software including MS
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Able to use Minitab and other
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in statistics, data analytics, DOE, and
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to government contracts
- ACE/CORE/ 6 Sigma Practitioner/Professional certification
- Strong understanding of other continuous improvement skills:
DFSS, Red-X, Lean, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 6 sigma Black Belt preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience (Manufacturing Engineering,
Program/Project Mgmt, Ops, Engr, Quality)
- 20 to 30%
- Manufacturing Engineering
- P3/P5Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
Click on this to read the Policy and Terms
Keywords: Pratt & Whitney, Middletown , Product Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!