Company: Brio Energy
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Leggett & Platt Aerospace is seeking a Weld Engineer for our
Pegasus location in Middletown, Connecticut. Founded in 1989,
Pegasus is recognized as the world leader of fabricated tube and
pipe assemblies, with supporting component machining for the
aerospace, power generation, ship and submarine building and other
hi-tech industries. You will support production welding processes
by providing knowledge on industry best practices, and a keen eye
for continuous improvement. This is an exciting opportunity to
drive change and participate in our success. If you are a
detail-oriented and driven individual looking for an exciting
challenge, we want you! Things you will be doing:
- Develop and implement advanced welding processes including
MIG/TIG, Orbital and Braze.
- Review design standards to provide input to designs and part
- Provide input for manufacturing release reviews, manufacturing
process options and evaluate manufacturing process.
- Help create, maintain, and approve work instructions (including
specifications, engineering changes, process control, and tooling
- Coordinate welding best practices and implement floor process
optimization and control methods.
- Significant interaction with production, quality and materials
management teams. A few things you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Metallurgical
Engineering, Material Science or equivalent is required OR
equivalent work experience.
- Experience within the Aerospace manufacturing industry
- Successful candidates must have strong welding background and
shop operations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality
control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Due to government contract US Citizenship is required for this
position. Reasons you'll love it here: Our company culture reflects
values like integrity, ownership, and authenticity. We take these
to heart, and if you do as well, you'll fit right in. How to learn
more about us: For a fun glimpse into our company, visit
Life@Leggett and look inside everyday work life! Since 1883,
Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of
innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and
automobiles. Today our growing company consists of more than 22,000
employee-partners in 120 manufacturing facilities located in 18
countries. We're not just hiring, we're building a better company.
For more information, please visit www.leggett.com. Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Welding, Manufacturing Engineer, Metallurgy, Engineer,
Machinist, Manufacturing, Engineering Leggett & Platt Incorporated
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you need accessibility or
assistance to apply for career opportunities through this site,
please contact a member of the Corporate Employee Relations staff
at 417-358-8131 .
Keywords: Brio Energy, Middletown , Weld Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!