Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: Leggett & Platt
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Leggett & Platt Aerospace is seeking a Manufacturing Process
Engineer for our Pegasus location in Middletown, Connecticut.
Founded in 1989, Pegasus is recognized as the world leader of
fabricated tube and pipe assemblies, with supporting component
machining for the aerospace, power generation, ship and submarine
building and other hi-tech industries.
In this role, you will lead process improvement activities that
provide more efficient, streamlined, and standardized workflow. You
will incorporate quality plans into manufacturing processes to
ensure the overall quality of products delivered. You will have the
opportunity to analyze the layout of equipment, workflow, and
assembly methods, including working with Manufacturing Manager to
define the current and future state Value Streams to plan and
prioritize continuous improvement activities. You will utilize your
manufacturing part process knowledge to establish standards for
estimating, rfq's, and frozen processes. You will be responsible
for developing and reviewing standard, part methods and bill of
materials for accuracy so that the customer requirements are
delivered accurately and consistently met thru MRP.
What you will be doing:
- Utilize sales engineering estimates, customer PO, blueprint,
and subcontract services to develop a manufacturing process plan
and identify proper work center.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and prepare efficient
- Incorporate customer specifications into process plan by
working from blueprints, sketches, CAD files or other information
to determine the best method of manufacture.
- Verify existing tooling and identify new tooling needed
- Identify material handling methods and resources required to
produce and handle product.
- Plan improvements in methods to ensure quality and cost for
best method of manufacture.
- Prepare as required, CAD layouts, process sheets, and tool
drawings to support the process. Design tooling and fixtures
required for the manufacturing of new jobs.
- Act as the liaison between sales engineering and manufacturing
- Answer technical question on product characteristics and
- Consult with manufacturing engineering and shop personnel in
determining best manufacturing methods.
- Maintain job masters.
- Design or sub-contract required tooling and certain levels of
- Understanding and following basic decision-making process so
quality and timely decisions will be made that are supported and
understood relative to the essential functions or the impact
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years engineering experience in contract
manufacturing, aerospace background a plus.
- 1 to 3 years Solid Works design experience or recently
- 1 to 3 years experience using MasterCam
- Experience with Epicor is a plus
- Understand and interpret technical plans, specifications and
- Solid Works, Computer literate, Windows, MS Office, E-mail
including past experience working with MRP/ERP systems.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide
variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes,
offices, and automobiles. Today our growing company consists of
22,000 employee-partners in 142 manufacturing facilities located in
23 countries. We're not just hiring, we're building a better
Our comprehensive benefits package includes: medical, dental,
vision, 401(k) with match, stock plans, employee discounts, and
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability
Keywords: Leggett & Platt, Middletown , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!