Associate - Insurance Collections
Company: Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists P.c.
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Spire Orthopedic Partners is a growing national partnership of
orthopedic practices that provides the support, capital and
operational resources physicians need to grow thriving practices
for the future. As a management services organization, Spire
provides the infrastructure for administrative operations that
allows practices to operate at their highest level, so doctors can
focus their efforts on what matters most - patient care. Rooted in
the 100-plus-year legacy of its founding partners, the network
spans the Northeast with over 50 physicians
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are
considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental
or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status,
sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification
protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known
physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a
disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship
on the operation of our business.
Position Title: Associate - Insurance Collections
Reporting to the Business Office Administrator, the incumbent is
responsible for daily claim follow up, denials and answering calls.
The incumbent would be responsible for daily outstanding balances
and finalize the AR report timely. The incumbent serves as the ONS
internal subject matter expert on all outstanding accounts
receivables matters including communicating with patients and
Contacts insurance carriers to inquire about unpaid/pending claims
(Aged Outstanding Insurance Claims Report).
- Re-filing claims to insurance vendors electronically or on
- Notes actions taken in patients' accounts by use of Fast Notes,
collection, billing and/or insurance notes.
- Resolves denials, rejected and zero EOBs (explanation of
benefits) from insurance carriers.
- Review charts for submission to physicians to for letter of
medical necessity for outstanding claims
- Prints out medical notes for claim processing for payments
- Ensures all HIPAA regulations are adhered to.
- Follows ONS' policies and procedures.
- Review and answer chart flags.
- Navigate through the EMR to find the required patient medical
- Communicates effectively with other staff at outside
- Prioritizes workload and develops system to track prior
authorizations needing additional follow-up.
- Takes personal responsibility for work. Fosters teamwork,
taking initiative to teach pre-authorization team members, clinic
staff, and management about pre-authorization processes and
- Maintains confidentiality of patient records.
- Performs other duties/projects as assigned.Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must possess the ability to analyze, retain,
and resolve issues and provide superior customer service to client
- Able to work independently and productively, be organized and
cooperative under stressful conditions.
- Knowledge of Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP and
- Ability to be a team player, communicate effectively and meet
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years previous billing experience required,
health care industry experience preferred.
ADA requirements:Has the physical ability to perform job related
duties, which may require lifting, bending, stooping, stretching,
pulling and pushing.IND2
Keywords: Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists P.c., Middletown , Associate - Insurance Collections, Accounting, Auditing , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!