Senior Financial Analyst
Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Posted on: January 5, 2022
THOR Solutions is actively seeking a highly motivated Senior
Financial Analyst to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center
Division Newport (NUWCDIVNPT) in Middletown/Newport, RI. The ideal
candidate will have significant relevant accounting or finance
experience in a U.S. Navy/DoD setting, including strong experience
with financial transactions in the Navy Enterprise Resource
Planning (N-ERP) system. The candidate's responsibilities may
include (but are not limited to) performing, supporting, or
supervising the following actions:
- Provide team oversight functions including work distribution
and training for junior financial analysts and other team
- Prepare Funding Document acceptance documentation for customer
advocate, program manager, and comptroller department.
- Prepare outgoing Funding Documents for Government review and
- Analyze financial data to identify projects and organizational
discrepancies and anomalies in task execution, including labor
charges, non-labor cost reporting, erroneous charges, overruns, and
Service Cost Center rejected inputs.
- Prepare weekly Expenditure Reports comparing funding
appropriation level obligations and expenditures against sponsor
goals and established Department of the Navy benchmarks.
- Perform fiscal year closeout and startup analyses, including
Continuing Resolution scenario-based impacts on project plans.
- Populate Funding Document modification documentation based on
- Provide financial management support associated with the
operation of Service Cost Centers, including monthly Year End
Projections and identification of financial issues.
- Research and identify root cause and corrective actions
associated with rejected or suspense financial transaction
- Research Funding Document transactional inquiries.
- Review draft Purchase Requisition-related documentation.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must -already possess -an existing, active SECRET security
clearance, and maintain it for the duration of employment. Required
Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: -
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a similar
discipline from an accredited institution.
- At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in
accounting or finance in a US Navy/DoD environment.
- Proficient with financial transactions within the Navy
Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP) system.
- Experience with other ERP systems, such as SAP ERP, is not
considered equivalent to N-ERP experience.
- Non-financial experience with N-ERP, such as for logistics
transactions, is not considered equivalent to financial
- Have completed the N-ERP Program Budget Financial Manager
(PBFM) training course, have been assigned the PBFM role, and
ideally utilized the PBFM role in a recent position.
- Experience with financial management.
- Experience overseeing a team of subordinates, including work
distribution, and providing training to new team members.
- More than proficient with Microsoft Excel, and proficient with
other common productivity software including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
and prioritize work.
- Experience with U.S. Navy budgeting and reporting methods is
- Experience with NAVSEA Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) system
is preferred. Travel Requirements:
- This position is anticipated to require up to 15% travel.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Essential functions typically include (but are not limited to):
typing, hearing, and vision. THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all
qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race,
ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Please be
aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a
security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S.
citizens. As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor
employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by
January 18, 2022 regardless of the employee's duty location or work
arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such
exceptions as required by law. If selected for hire, you will be
required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation
of proof of vaccination upon start of employment with THOR, or
request & receive approval for an appropriate exception. Founded in
2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly growing Center for
Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service Disabled Veteran Owned
Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission critical support across
the Department of Defense, federal civilian agencies and commercial
maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides innovative and tailored
expertise in multidisciplinary engineering, project and program
management, business and financial management, technical support,
integrated logistics support, training support, fleet support,
corporate operations support, assessments and studies. THOR is
privileged to deliver service solutions to the nation's most
complex military, public sector and industry challenges. THOR is
proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR
considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to
age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identify, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. THOR complies with applicable state and local
laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) is the law . THOR is proud to be a Veteran-Friendly Employer.
THOR does not discriminate against a qualified applicant because of
their status as a protected veteran, or their relationship or
association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and
other family members. If you are an individual with a disability
and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part the
employment selection process, please contact us at
email@example.com or (571) 215-0077.
Keywords: THOR Solutions, LLC, Middletown , Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Middletown, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!